Issues with Machine

Can someone please tell me if your machine has ever had the issue upon booting up, with it sounding like it’s trying to slide forward but instead just makes a sound like it’s bumping? I have not used this machine much and now after having it for less than a year, I’m already having issues…this is extremely frustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

With the machine off try gently moving the gantry and head under the camera and powering it on.

1 Like

I’m trying that now…

1 Like

It seems to be doing what it’s supposed to be doing from the start of turning it on. It’s honing as of now. Do you have any idea why it did this? Do I need to do something different on my end?

No. that happened sometimes when I got the machine years ago, but it hasn’t happened since.
Welcome to the adventure!
Enjoy! :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s just sitting in homing mode. I don’t know if I need to wait longer and see what it does or do something different. I don’t want anything to break or to burn up the motor. Should I continue to wait?

HaHa! Yes an adventure of frustration…lol

1 Like

You won’t hurt anything by waiting. Normally mine calibrates in about 90 seconds.
1st suspect is the integrity of your WiFi.

I came into this completely ignorant so frustration was high, but passed quickly.

I really appreciate your advice on this. It’s been a couple of minutes already. I’m not real sure what to do if it continues to stall.

Oh the same exact thing here as well. I’m green and still learning as I go.

1 Like

I would check to see if is bumping something. Wth the machine off you should be able to move the gantry back and forth and side to side, Early on I had a problem that it would miss the center and bang into the right side trying to find the center so ever since I make sure it is in the back left when I turn it on.

The reason to move it about with the power off is that if something is blocking the passage to either side or back to front it is better found that way. It is not hard for a crumb from a previous cut land somewhere it is in the way.

Try clearing the cache on your browser (which one are you using?) and restarting your router.

1 Like

I didn’t think about that. I’ll turn it off and double check. Thank you for that info.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Relax and try to be patient. Support can pull the logs on your machine and diagnose things for you. :+1:

You got it. Thank you so much!

One last thing…the purple light that I thought came on upon firing it up is not on. Is that normal?

Did you accomplish the primary setup?

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like at the time of your report your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images. There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. If this happens again, please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

I also saw that you’ve been printing since posting here. Could you please let us know if you are still experiencing any trouble?

1 Like

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this thread.

Please reach back out at support@glowforge.com or start a new thread if you have any other trouble. We’ll be happy to take a look.