It’s 5pm PST on my email day. Please don’t let me down

In my opinion, if they can’t make the date they set for the email, it should be pushed out, NO LATER than the day BEFORE the expected date.

That way, people can see the day before if the date has changed, instead of sitting around all day hoping for an email.

3 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think they will ever get this right.

4 Likes

I’m TEN days out from the date my account estimates I’ll get my email. I’ve sent them a message to make sure I haven’t missed it!

3 Likes

Seriously uncool.

5 Likes

@kim1032 damn, sorry to hear it… Its looking like no one on the sheet has had an email since the 18th (one person on the 19th, might be erroneous). Something must be up…

1 Like

Have you seen this post?

It seems that once again the way glowforge is actually working is not exactly what you’d expect when you first hear it described. Personally, I’m trying to choose not to be too worried about those dates slipping until I’m past the week after mine.

1 Like

The emails tend to come in big batches with not much in between at the moment. After a lull a big burst of emails almost makes up for it each time.

11 Likes

I wasnt aware of this quote, thanks! Lets hope everyone who is behind makes the next wave. Would be cool if they synced their estimated dates to the weekday that they usually push emails on.

According to the sheet it looks like 10/3, 10/10, 10/17 were the dates emails went out. Maybe today is the magic day.

3 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that in the time between when they relented to the request for more shipping info and the time when they started providing these estimates, they probably didn’t develop a deep machine learning algorithm. :wink: I think they probably looked at the user forum spreadsheet and thought, “we could do that with a complete set of data and make some basic estimations”. Who knows though?

2 Likes

Still waiting on mine from 10/13. No method of contact seems to be working at all with getting an answer as to whats doing with my e-mail.

1 Like

Not encouraging and not surprising

Bean_frustrated

3 Likes

Maybe the hold up is they need the testing jig that newbies_234 received to be returned.:joy:

11 Likes

Reminds me of the time Domino’s delivered my pasta in a bread bowl with some kind of metal crisping tray still in the box. Shortly thereafter, the bread bowl option was $1 extra. I would’ve returned it to save all future customers the added cost. I apologize to everyone.

7 Likes

I’m in the same boat, same purchase date.

Well, the GOOD news is, they ARE shipping. Mines due to arrive on Friday.

5 Likes

Where are the emails!!???

6 Likes
2 Likes

There appear to be high number of orders on this day.

That’s beautiful. I’d never heard that version before.

I kind of love this one (and yeah, I know it has made the rounds, but it still makes me smile every time):

And I share your email day @takitus . Have not received it yet, but I’m still hopeful that I’ll see it soon. Rooting for all of us, FWIW.

5 Likes