IT'S A (Delicious) TRAP!

In the last few months, my wife has really come to love tiki drinks and tiki bars. So, we purchased a little in-home tiki bar. We’re having a little gathering for some friends tomorrow which will be the first time any of them have seen the bar. Because he holds a special place in our hearts (and probably because our last name is Ackerman), we’ve decided to call our bar The Admiral Ack Bar. I made these swizzle sticks as mementos for our guests.

The red and yellow sticks are made from cast acrylic. The orange are made from extruded acrylic remnants that the local plastic store gave me for free. I didn’t find any differences in the way they cut except that the extruded smells a lot worse than the cast.

46 Likes

Awesomely cute! Drinks with Swizzles are just automatically better. :smile:

5 Likes

What a cute design! I wonder if extruded tastes differently from cast in a drink? Be sure to wash them well!

Have a fun party!

2 Likes

This is a very clever idea, well done.

3 Likes

Shoot! I thought you were going to show us how you cut them from sugar you had poured!

3 Likes

Love them! Now I have to add that to my list. Smart.

2 Likes

I love every thing in this post…:heart: great design on the sticks!

2 Likes

Now we need a picture of the bar! :sunglasses:

Funny… house I bought in 1998 had a tiki bar in the living room… No, wasn’t a selling point for us, and was easily removed!

2 Likes

For sure! They held up great in the dishwasher.

2 Likes

Of course!

This is also a GF product:

16 Likes

Excellent. Time for a drink! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

So friggin cute! I really love the Admiral sign too, the color are perfect.

If you need anything to put them in, the little box thingy @polarbrainfreeze made works great.

3 Likes