Just a frame, just an ordinary frame, just trying to get by

This is something simple, but sometime simple is fun, and can get your message across.

And blank without the poem…

Since I have an unhealthy amount of drywall screws, it is designed to hang with a drywall screw. :slight_smile:

Download below if you’d like.

frame.svg.zip (1.2 KB)

81 Likes

Nice!
Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank you. I agree that simple is fun. Very nice result.

3 Likes

Gosh, thanks!

3 Likes

Mahalo @marthajackson1970 @dklgood @pauline.lally and @cynd11 !

I really should make the backplate into an optional stand with a living hinge… but the back of it had a happy birthday message on it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Drywall screws are my favorite. :slight_smile:

Also, love me some Winnie the Pooh – this is great!

3 Likes

I was sitting here drawing up a frame, and there you are… Thank you for sharing!

p.s. My first little storage box i made for “stuff” is still used almost daily…and it contains nothing but drywall screws…

6 Likes

That is awesome! Mahalo!!! Post a photo when you are done!

4 Likes

Oh, thank you! I like the hanger!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thanks for this!! It may be “just an ordinary frame” but I actually needed it as a newbie. Thanks again!

1 Like

My pleasure! Post a picture if you can! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the beautiful share. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

hello, i just received my glow forge and i’m having a hard time trying to save files into inkscape and then seperate them into 3 pieces. any advice on how to do this? youtube isnt really helping lol

It depends on how the file you are working on was created. If the source file does not have grouped obects, this tip won’t help. Click the file in Inkscape and look at the bottom info to see if it says group of 2, 3, 4 etc. objects. If so, click ungroup, then click each section an change the color of that part of the file so you can address it separately in the Glowforge interface.

If you are working on this particular file, right click and save as svg. The file will be zipped (at least it was for me). Click the file frame.svg.zip and you should see frame.svg. Open frame.svg in Inkscape.

1 Like

Great question! This should all cut on one sheet of wood. The post has a jpg of what it looks like, but the svg is buried in the zip. There are many wonderful tutorials on this website if you use the search. This is one of the best communities.

1 Like