Just a frame, just an ordinary frame, just trying to get by

Thank you! I’m sure once I’m more familiar with the programs it will be easier.

1 Like

Drinking from the firehose!

1 Like

nice ! Thanks for sharing! Simple is always better!

1 Like

One of my favorites on here is @arh2 ‘s brilliant design Fairytale Generator
Eventually I was able to modify it with Hawaiian words and specific kid names to make a few personalized gifts for our kids and for our neighbors who were deployed to the congo.
I had zero design experience a year ago, now I can knock out my own design projects relatively quickly. It took a couple of days to make my ukulele holder from scratch, and that project, even though the file needs some tlc / cleanup, is the project I am most proud of.
This is such a fun hobby, and this group is the best.

3 Likes

Well, this is the mutual appreciation society! I’ve used a few of @Aloha’s designs as well; notably this one for business cards, which I also adapted to a magnifier lens pocket.

So glad though the Fairytale Generator is still going strong - that is one of my favorite designs too. And I didn’t know how to use Inkscape a year and a half ago either. I remember struggling to draw a rectangle with a circle in it to get a simple keychain.

2 Likes

An ordinary frame (?) yet so impossibly easy to embellish and decorate however you like. Great share, thanks so much @Aloha. Sometimes simple is best!

1 Like

My pleasure. It was such a cool gift. I am
Modifying it to put the top 40 list of things my wife’s parents love about her that was on paper.

2 Likes

Very cool, and I agree simple comes in handy for “thank you” gifts. Thank you!

1 Like

I am glad you like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cute! Thank you!

1 Like

Just saw this today. Thank you for sharing your file! I can see this one’s going to get used!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This is so nice!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. Hope to see your own work soon.

1 Like