Fairytale Generator

My brother-in-law made a beautiful fairy lair for his young daughters, but it was rather bare of fairy accoutrements. So :glowforge: to the rescue! Among many other things, I designed this Fairytale Generator. Should result in many hours of storytelling.

• I used medium :proofgrade: basswood ply, but you can also use maple ply.
  • Font is a free font: HermosaOpti
  • You’ll have to add your own fairy. :fairy:
  • I used box-o-matic to generate cube and tray files
  • Warning: refer to the file to put the sides together just so, or it won’t work.
  • Cube and tray are a snug fit and just need some hammer taps to go together.

fairytale generator.svg.zip (82.1 KB)
For personal use only as per forum rules!

If you download the file and make it, promise to create some stories with your kids or grandkids! Happy storytelling! :fairy: :fairy: :fairy:

114 Likes

That would be so much fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

Great Idea! and thank you for sharing. I may need to may one for my Granddaughter.

1 Like

Love this idea! Great for writing prompts as well.

1 Like

love it me and the kids use it a lot to make up a story. thanks

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m so glad it is being used - it is one of my absolute favorite designs.

I don’t know why this doesn’t have thousands and thousands of comments. Your design was one of the first things that I printed/cut on the laser, and modified it with a Hawaiian flair.
Thank you for your generosity in posting this great design.

2 Likes

This is awesome! Don’t know why I am just seeing this now. This would be great to adapt to a drinking game! Sorry I went there so fast, but it’s the holidays! :rofl:

6 Likes

I know Right?!

1 Like

It is brilliant!

2 Likes

I’d love some ideas for substitute words… Wench… Jock… Creek… Bar… Attic…

2 Likes

You guys @aloha, @designvh619, @eflyguy ! That was the last thing I was thinking of when I designed it, but have at it - should be a fun diversion of the original. :santa: Just don’t get drunk while you’re playing it, I don’t want to be responsible… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

LOL. When you have to deal with my family at the holidays, drinks are always involved!

4 Likes

Oh AMEN to that! :smile:

5 Likes

Or dice with design elements, used for, material, and the type of drink to imbibe while designing it. :slight_smile: ::hic:: #drunklasering

4 Likes

OMG, this is fantastic! I will be making this and I promise to create some stories with my grandkids!
I’ve just purchased my Glowforge and love it! Always thinking about what I can make for the grandkids. Thank you!

5 Likes

You’re so very welcome! This is one of my favorite designs - as I love fairy tales. Happy storytelling and enjoy your Glowforge when it arrives! There are lots of resources and kind folks here to get you started.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You will undoubtedly have a great deal of fun with the Glowforge. You can make things for the grandkids, but you can also facilitate their creativity by making things with the grandkids.

3 Likes

This is so cute. And a great addition to our Covid 19 entertainment at home

2 Likes

Great you can use it at a time like this!