Just purchased Pro unit

Good evening,

Just purchased a pro unit and said delivery around December 18, 2018 on website when I purchased but have not received any emails from glowforge. Can anyone help ?

1 Like

Just sit by your door and wait for it!
:slight_smile:

It’s unlikely you’ll get any notifications prior to it showing up, unless you’re registered with UPS.

1 Like

How long ago did you purchase it? Like really really just purchased it or purchased it a few days ago?

Reason I ask, is that they have this algorithm that gives a rough estimate for when your unit will ship, but it might take them some time to set it up for your account. You can find it, (if it has been set up), on your account information on the Glowforge.com site. Just click on your email address in the upper righthand corner and search around a little.

I believe the Pros were on backorder for a while, and I’m not sure whether they caught up yet. That date will be your best bet.

We purchased on the 6th of December 2018. Just ready to get started with this thing and trying to figure out when and what software to start downloading

Oh, you have asked the right turnip! :smile:

The Glowforge team recommends working through your first prints by following along with the examples shown here to learn where everything is:

That particular page is also handy if you have any problems to Troubleshoot and you can access it by clicking on the Support button in the app.

Once you have run through the sample prints, some of the customers have put together some handy Tips sheets and a lot of tutorials in the Tips and Tricks section of the forum.

Some good ones to start with:

Have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thank you for all of the help !

No problem! Getting ahead of the game is a smart move! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I purchased one for our company on 12/1. The website advertised that we were supposed to have ours delivered on 12/11.

We haven’t received it yet. It hasn’t been shipped.

Better yet … Glowforge representatives (via the support email address) are not able to provide any information on the status of our order. For the past four days, I’ve received multiple mean-nothing, say-nothing responses to my queries for status that indicate “the team” is working to determine the status of our order.

It doesn’t take four days to look up an order number, get the status, and provide it in an email reply. But the support staff appear to be unable to do just that.

Interacting with Glowforge representatives over the past four days has been infuriating. The company’s inability to communicate effectively with their customers is indicative of underlying problems that need to be resolved.

If an informed member of the Glowforge staff cannot provide me an update on our order, Glowforge needs to refund us our in-full payment.

Thus far we have had a terrible experience trying to become Glowforge users. I hope our experience is the exception and not the rule, and that all of those waiting on their machines–us included–receive them in a reasonable timeframe, or are refunded their payments.

She’s lying to you @jamesmfox86 . She’s a hedgehog :hedgie::hedgehog:, not a turnip!

Otherwise, all good advise. The only other thing I could add is to not be afraid of asking questions here. We’re a generally friendly bunch and willing to help!

3 Likes

Sorry you’re having issues getting your Glowforge. It’s a fantastic tool, and definitely worth the wait!

You could try posting to #problems-and-support, it will create a ticket for your request. But, if you already emailed them, then they probably already created the ticket. @Rita might be able to help you out more.

1 Like

Thanks for these tips @Jules . I as well just purchased my Pro on 12/9 (estimated delivery at order was 12/20) and I’m trying to learn as much beforehand so I can hit the ground running. I’ve got a decent background in graphic design and vinyl work, but this will be a first with laser work.

2 Likes

Jules, as always, has provided some GREAT advice a few posts up. It doesn’t take much to get started, my only advice is to READ a LOT of those posts, especially ones that discuss various file formats and how to get things to best print / burn. Cutting is pretty easy, it’s the engraves of things like fonts and graphics that you need some skill level within tools to get just right.

And spend money on test materials - you’ll need it. Nothing is perfect the first go around. Well, usually never on the first go around!

1 Like

Thanks joe. Will definitely be asking as we are brand new to the laser world

4 Likes

Fantastic, and welcome to the group! If y’all have any specific questions just ask…lots of very kind helpful people here who’ve been there. :wink:

3 Likes

Ordered my Plus on the 3rd from the GF site. Had estimated delivery date of the 13th. Received tracking today with estimated delivery via FedEx on Monday. Hope you receive yours soon!

3 Likes

WHOA NELLY!!
Seriously? FEDEX?
That’s news to this forum. We’ve been grumbling about UPS for 18 months.
We all know that one thing outside anybody’s control is that UPS delivers all packages out of Flex manufacturing.

Not that Fedex is going to treat your baby any better…
(Don’t worry. Like any expectant mother, you shouldn’t listen to our horrific delivery stories.)

3 Likes

Trust me i’m tossing and turning at night worried about her. She is sitting on a truck 45 minutes away and I want nothing more than to go pick her up and bring her home HA! If it’s the dude we had bring stuff last week we’ll have about a 50/50 chance of breakage he was a real joy. BUT if it’s our two man team the chances go up to about 80/20, they are nice and super careful. We own a flower shop and get deliveries of pottery and glass frequently. It’s always a crap shoot even with the light weight stuff.

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL! We’ve got a new bed coming and it’s about that far from us. Got there early Saturday morning and now will sit until Tues because it’s Fedex Home and they take Monday off :frowning: Really wanted an option to go pick it up. But, nope. So two more nights of backaches in the morning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So the new glowforge arrived a day early (last night) and i stayed up till nearly midnight playing around with it. trying to figure out if inkscape is going to be my go to or maybe use adobe illustrator instead. took forever to make a border on inkscape that the glowforge would pick up to cut. Kept telling me that i could only engrave. Non the less I have a long ways to go but this thing is amazing !

2 Likes