Large Earring Display - that ain't no joke!

Once you get access to app.glowforge.com there will be an upload button
(in the case of something like this) you’ll right click and save the image as an .svg (in anything except IE/Edge), then upload the .svg to the GFUI (Glowforge User Interface). It will be the correct size upon upload. You can totally change the size if you want to - but you’ll likely want to do that in a graphics program since slots/tabs won’t always fit once you alter the overall size!

5 Likes

The earring display is roughly the size of a sheet of proofgrade give or take a few inches of width.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Do you have the file with your business name at the top? If so, how hard is it to make it my name for printing purposes?

1 Like

info for newbies
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I cut my business name out of PG Maple Veneer and stuck in to my display. You could easily engrave it or do a cut out.

1 Like

I went to my very first art show a couple of weeks ago, and was in a panic as to how I was going to display the earrings I made… then I saw this… I printed it on draft board to see what it would look like (outside of the photos) and… YOU SAVED MY SANITY! THANK YOU!!!

9 Likes

So happy you were able to use the display! Do you have photos to share? Would love to see your setup :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing this design. I needed to make a statement, on a deadline - and this was it. This design helped my collection, really become a collection. If I ever learn Inkscape, I’m going to try to create something similar, in varying sizes. But for now, this rocked it.

5 Likes

So happy to hear!

3 Likes

This is amazing, thank you for posting!

2 Likes

Love this😊

2 Likes

Hi! I just printed your earring display which is amazing! Where can I find the file that has the foot adjustments already made? After cutting mine just now I realized this is the wrong one and they don’t fit . I have zero experience with illustrator or inkscape so I wouldn’t have a clue how to fix it. Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Can you elaborate on the fit not being correct?

A few folks recently have tested the design and not had a problem.

2 Likes

The slots are different widths and neither are wide enough to allow for the “feet” . Because of the way they slide in, the acrylic is too wide for the precut feet to fit.

1 Like

I just downloaded and opened up the cut file, and all openings for the base and feet are at least .125" (width of PG medium) and aren’t kerf-adjusted since I wanted to glue the joins. This should actually give you a relatively loose fit.

My best guess would be to check the scale of your piece before cutting. The base design is 15.736" wide. If you you scaled the design to be smaller than that, I can see how the joins would be the wrong size.

2 Likes

I also noticed that the feet in my upload were actually too wide , so I just uploaded an adjusted file where all the openings are .125 instead of the weird .156 that the feet were.

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is great. Thank you so much for sharing.

4 Likes

Have been needing an earring holder. Thank you for sharing your design!

2 Likes