Large Earring Display - that ain't no joke!

Thanks so much for sharing this design. I needed to make a statement, on a deadline - and this was it. This design helped my collection, really become a collection. If I ever learn Inkscape, I’m going to try to create something similar, in varying sizes. But for now, this rocked it.

5 Likes

So happy to hear!

3 Likes

This is amazing, thank you for posting!

2 Likes

Love this😊

2 Likes

Hi! I just printed your earring display which is amazing! Where can I find the file that has the foot adjustments already made? After cutting mine just now I realized this is the wrong one and they don’t fit . I have zero experience with illustrator or inkscape so I wouldn’t have a clue how to fix it. Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Can you elaborate on the fit not being correct?

A few folks recently have tested the design and not had a problem.

2 Likes

The slots are different widths and neither are wide enough to allow for the “feet” . Because of the way they slide in, the acrylic is too wide for the precut feet to fit.

1 Like

I just downloaded and opened up the cut file, and all openings for the base and feet are at least .125" (width of PG medium) and aren’t kerf-adjusted since I wanted to glue the joins. This should actually give you a relatively loose fit.

My best guess would be to check the scale of your piece before cutting. The base design is 15.736" wide. If you you scaled the design to be smaller than that, I can see how the joins would be the wrong size.

2 Likes

I also noticed that the feet in my upload were actually too wide , so I just uploaded an adjusted file where all the openings are .125 instead of the weird .156 that the feet were.

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is great. Thank you so much for sharing.

4 Likes

Have been needing an earring holder. Thank you for sharing your design!

2 Likes

I’m new to Glowforge…I was able to print this display, and it is perfect for our new line of earings we are making. Thank you for sharing!!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum. As you have discovered, there are lots of helpful things here. Hope to see your earrings one day.

3 Likes

I absolutely love this design and how it came out!! I did mine on acrylic and it looks stunning! Great JOB!

5 Likes

Thanks for the love!

1 Like

Thanks for the design. But how exactly do I get the SVG for this? Right clicking and saving as does not allow me to adjust it nor does it have the feet attached. so if I cut this on thicker / thinner wood I cannot adjust the slots. It saves as a PNG.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are using Edge, which some people find won’t let them save the file in the format it is posted (SVG). Try a different browser.

2 Likes

@eflyguy you were right on!! Got it… Its a habit to use Edge at home and Chrome at work… Forget somethings no longer work…

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the design! My husband and I have been making earrings, and I needed something to hold all my earrings! I love the vertical display as it takes up very little space on my dresser. I have only had my Glowforge for a little over a month now and I am really loving this community. Thank you so much for your willingness to share! I hope to be able to contribute some original ideas soon!

4 Likes

This is beautiful! Mahalo for sharing!

2 Likes