Laser all the Food?

Headlines: Gives cancer.
Article: isn’t proven.

However, Cancer Research UK said the link was not proven in humans.
The FSA also says potatoes and parsnips should not be kept in the fridge.
This is because sugar levels rise in the vegetables at low temperatures, potentially increasing the amount of acrylamide produced during cooking.

5 Likes

I like my potatoes extra crispy, and if that ends up killing me…well, I enjoyed the potatoes.

6 Likes

Oh, and since you are an Englishman, since you like toast done only on one side, you only have 1/2 the risk. Is that correct?

3 Likes

okay you low powered lasernauts let’s see some food already

3 Likes

We just need to stop eating and drinking anything…then we can’t get cancer from food or drink…

Oh and stop breathing all the polluted air

Hmm, wait a sec… :wink:

I love some good pizza that is nicely crisped… :smile: :pizza: :hamburger: :oden: (not sure what that last one is, but looks yummy)

4 Likes

ooooh Lasercut Pepperoni to make a picture on an pizza

5 Likes

No I always have it toasted on both sides. I don’t think it is common to toast only one side here.

3 Likes

thank goodness, what a waste of bread otherwise (buttered toast is possibly my favorite food).

1 Like

Butter-side up or down?

1 Like

And now for something completely different

8 Likes

That looks like discussions about the Glowforge Version 2 :open_mouth:

1 Like

That’s worth sharing

How did it go? I want to cut Fondant and pie dough

Can you imagine the crust you could put on your creme brulee with this thing??

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh - personalised creme brulee ! Yay !

:upside_down_face:

@elrond lasered a pie crust pre-baking.

I thought someone else actually cut some kind of dough, but I can’t find it if they did. I faintly browned the top of a cooked cheesecake, but wasn’t interested enough to take it further. An option to laser cutting dough, is to cut the shape you want from cardstock, and then use that shape and cut around it with a knife.

Hi I want to cut fondant as well. Have you tried it yet?

I will say carbs cut with the laser taste REALLY BITTER. so I’d do a test piece. (not like fondant tastes good to start with either…) I did engrave a Peep way back in PRU days and it worked well, not sure about the taste. It does not taste like caramel, more like very burned sugar, so you really need to test it. The GF should have no problem cutting it assuming it is relatively thin, but can and should are very different questions!

3 Likes

Thank you. I will try it tonight

I tried to etch a hot dog. It was kind of a failure but fun anyway. I don’t know how the laser impacted the taste, if at all, because I didn’t eat it after I was done.

4 Likes