Laser-Cut Dovetails (YouTube video)

A far easier way to achieve Dovetail with laser (plus chisel): https://www.flickr.com/photos/funnypolynomial/sets/72157657942214811/

24 Likes

Nice! Bookmarked that for future reference.

Very nice. Well thought through. I like the alignment mark for the chisel and the pre-score (which could be a 3D engrave on a GF) because otherwise those cuts are bleeping annoying to do right.

1 Like

That’s flipping clever and the perfect solution for a project request from my wife!

2 Likes

Genius! (even I can handle that.) :smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow that turned out beautiful! And to be honest, I’m kind of in the camp where I don’t like having an all-charred edge on my boxes!

Did anyone ever go back and try this?

@Jules @dwardio @mpipes

TTT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d forgotten completely about that chisel technique! Laser crazy as I am, the method looks very efficient, and I’m even more efficiency oriented. Thanks for the reminder! :grinning:

2 Likes

I thought efficient as well. On the quest to zero. I think we had lot s of good ideas back in the day that have been long lost. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forgotten from the deep history of April… :wink:

I’m a actually working on the project I mentioned back then, but my wife is now requesting tab joints. I’m still more likely to try this than taking the time to engrave the angles.

4 Likes