Laser head jittery at the end of each pass?

So this is a weird one. I don’t think I’ve seen it on the form yet but when I try to engrave this one specific design the head kind of jitters at the end of each pass and knocks each pass out of alignment by a couple millimeters. I just tried an engrave with a different file and it’s fine so it has to be something to do with either my design or the way that glowforge is interpreting the file. Attached is a video to show what I mean.

1 Like

Never seen that before…if you want to post the file someone might be able to look at it and see something. (Helps to zip it before uploading.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah! Meant to do that. :slight_smile:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ourkyw500bs2cv/ShirtTest123.svg?dl=0

Okay, I haven’t checked it out by trying to engrave it, but since that was a reversed image, I re-rasterized it (just to be on the safe side) and saved it with the image Embedded instead of linked.

Give this one a try on some scrap and see if it still jitters.

Prayer.zip (38.2 KB)

2 Likes

You are a lifesaver!! LOL yeah I didn’t realize I had to reraster it after the flip!

1 Like

Yeah, any time you rotate or flip an image in a vector program. Glad it worked! :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, a bug in the Glowforge software currently makes it do strange things if you flip or rotate an embedded bitmap image. (This is probably why it doesn’t allow for rotating bitmap yet in the GF UI.) Re-rasterizing makes a new unrotated unflipped image that the GF can handle.

2 Likes

Thanks Jules! @JeremyNielsen, don’t hesitate to open a new thread if you find a new mystery.

2 Likes