Laser Head not moving

My laser head is not moving I checked all cable connections and reset my router. Anything else I can do?

Are you getting lights, and all the other start-up noises or nothing at all?

If yes, is it not moving for centering/scanning or is it not moving when you expect it to within a design?

It starts but it’s not moving at all and the camera doesn’t refresh the laser bed.

That’s most often a WiFi issue. The :glowforge: doesn’t require fast WiFi, but it does require strong WiFi.

You stated you reset your router - did you turn everything off and turn them on fully one at a time starting from the wall and ending with the :glowforge:? If no, try that first.

If that doesn’t help go through the setup.glowforge.com again but this time use a hotspot from your phone (if that’s available).

Make sure your ISP hasn’t “helpfully” updated your service to a 5Ghz line (the :glowforge: requires the 2.4Ghz).

If it’s not WiFi it may end up being a failing cable, which a staff member can help you with, but before that there are a bunch more things you can try!

Hi @clarabellamia83,

I see that you’ve also emailed us about this issue. I’ve just sent you a response there. To avoid duplication, I’m going to close this forum thread and will continue working with you over email.

1 Like