Lasercut Kaleidoscopes

I’ve always wanted to own a kaleidoscope. No idea why I never asked for one as a kid - probably because the nice ones were expensive. Well, I’ve finally done it and made my own. I’m just excited to share since I did these from start to end including the illustrations. Enjoy!

I designed two different styles with interchangable disks. A wheel style and a rotating magnet style. I’m planning a third style as well.

I’ve got a tutorial here too: http://www.daniellewethington.com/laser-cut-kaleidoscopes/

61 Likes

Those are wonderful!

I also used to gawk at the beautiful, fancy, high-end kaleidoscopes when I was a child. Great to see you making your own.

P.S. – Nice write-up, too!

1 Like

very well crafted, the interchangeable disks makes it extra special

1 Like

Just beautiful!

1 Like

Those are gorgeous! SO looking forward to more of your art :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! You made quite the splash on your first post. Nice work and thanks for the documentation.

3 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

Danielle! Where have you been all this time! You site is full of amazing stuff.

1 Like

Outstanding! And so much fun. Great realization of a long held dream!

1 Like

Scrolled through your write up. Excellent! Definitely putting it on my list of projects.

1 Like

I’ve been primarily involved in a Facebook group but now that I’ve ben working at it for some months I figured it was time to come back to the community forum. I’ve seen lots of great posts here too so it was finally time to start contributing.

5 Likes

Don’t use facebook, but from what I have read, we are much nicer here. :wink:

1 Like

I really like the way you’ve echoed the view of the kaleidoscope on the body in the engraving.

In fact the engraving on both of these really make them look great.

1 Like

Wow. Wow! WOW!!

I aspire.

1 Like

What a wonderful piece! Now I want to make one!

1 Like

WOW! This is stunning!

2 Likes

Beautiful work with great design choices.
Welcome, teach us some things!

1 Like

Wow. Just incredible!

1 Like

Beautiful work! I love them!

These are amazing! One day I will be brave enough to attempt to make one. Simply magical!