Material Storage Rack

As shown off in this post, I worked on a material storage rack for my :proofgrade: material. I’d love to see if you make your own or improve on it.

SVGs available here:
Material Rack.zip (1.6 KB)

It was designed in Fusion 360 and exported with the Shaper plug-in. It’s made for Proofgrade Medium Draftboard, but I suspect any of the Medium thickness materials should work. You can get all the cuts done on two sheets of draftboard, but I had to do 4 separate passes because of alignment top to bottom. For some reason, I couldn’t get my forge to let me set up all 4 pieces on the sheet even though they should fit.

Ultimately, this is how I actually did the cuts. But do what works best for you.

But yeah, cut out 4 of each part (8 total) and then they just press-fit together. The slots are sized at 0.119 which worked really well on half my draft board but was very tight on a different sheet. Adjust as necessary (or sand it a little).

42 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Thank You! Always looking for storage ideas!

2 Likes

Very kind of you to share, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this great project.

2 Likes

Great share … Thank you!

1 Like

Very kind of you. This would also make an excellent drying rack - thoughtful gift for a painter.

1 Like

Oo, interesting idea. I would probably size the openings a lot smaller (more like that top gap) in order to stack more sheets in. (Guessing that you only have one sheet per level rather than a thick stack of wood.)

1 Like

yes and probably could optimize for the commonly used canvas sizes (a lot of people are making painted signs as well so it’s good for crafters as well)

Thank you so much! I cut from the medium draftboard as well and my materials are now nicely organized under my glowforge desk!

1 Like

Thanks for the share!! I build kaleidoscopes and my glass organization has been lacking until now. I shortened the cross supports to three slots instead of four.

6 Likes

This would be great for cookie sheets too!
Dave’s wife :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ooo, very nice. I didn’t even think about vertical storage solutions. I was worried with how much weight the flat sheets would exert on the arms away from the supports but I never considered this.

1 Like

That’s some beautiful glass you’ve got! Have you by chance seen this Lasercut Kaleidoscopes post?

I used to store mine vertically, but found it warps pretty quickly that way. This would be great for storing scraps, though–especially all the long thin ones we inevitably end up with!

1 Like

I did see that post, what a neat build. I’ve attached a picture of my work and it can also be seen @ocularis on IG.

6 Likes

Wow!! I looked you up on IG your work is incredible. I would love to see it in person someday.

2 Likes