Leather Alien Facehugger Mask

Wow, that is looking amazing! I cannot wait to see the final product.

This should be really scary for Halloween.

6 Likes

Amazing dye job. This is going to look so cool!

5 Likes

That does look awesome and +1 for the link to LeatherHub which I didn’t know was a thing.

Also, I believe this is the first time I’ve ever seen a project where one can yell “why don’t you just dye!” during the build phase and “why don’t you just die!” during the execution phase, and both utterances are context-correct. I’ll make do with being amused by that until you post the completion pix. :wink:

11 Likes

That will be delightfully creepy. Nice work!

3 Likes

this is really kick a$$, the best thing I’ve seen made with a GF so far! awesome and scary , great job!

I have downloaded a couple of their other patterns. Both turned out pretty good.

3 Likes

This is always a bad time for someone.

1 Like

Got the tail segments cut. Staining and stitching may take some time.

7 Likes

Ditto, AMAZING!

2 Likes

Making progress. It’s actually going smoother and quicker than I expected.

14 Likes

Spectacular. THIS is the reason the own a :glowforge: .

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link. Some great projects there.

1 Like

my thought exactly!

2 Likes

After many distractions, I finally got around to (mostly) finishing the facehugger.
I just need to figure out how I want to attach the pieces that make it wearable as I want the pieces to be removable.

13 Likes

That looks FABULOUS

Running a ring through the stitching on inside of the ends of the legs would allow you to use lobster clasps which can come in some pretty hearty weights

7 Likes

swell idea lobster clasps on thing that is kinda like a lobster.

now about those elephant clasps… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You could put small rare earth magnets on the legs and then have surgical screws implanted for them to connect to. No unsightly straps or clasps. :rofl: just kidding

4 Likes

17 Likes

That looks so cool. What did you decide on straps/fasteners?

1 Like

Ended up using snaps on the ends of the legs.
The whole back attachment piece is part of the original pattern that I purchased/downloaded. May look at doing something different with it in the future. But at least it’s wearable for Halloween.

13 Likes