Leather projects box

Made this box for my wife to hold her Glowforge projects. The outer box is 1/4 in pre-finished plywood. The inner box is walnut and figured maple engraved with the Glowforge.

37 Likes

I think you’re going to eventually need a bigger box LOL

7 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! Or maybe a second box. Because you really can’t ever have too many boxes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just like a closet they fill up faster then you can build them. keep on trucking.

3 Likes

Do you have any trouble removing the laser char on the colorful leather? I’ve been trying to find a product that will clean some of the char (so that it doesn’t smear onto the leather) without removing the detail from the engravings, but it’s proven to be rather difficult.

There have been some previous posts on various methods – Cleaning laser residue on leather and Leather notebook covers both have some helpful tips. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice! Should be good for a month or so of storage, depending on her productivity. :wink:

3 Likes

Ahh… so it’s a “Leather projects” box… my first thought was it was a “Leather” Project box… Either way - it came out great… both the box and the leather projects inside !!! You may want to glue small wooden rectangles where the hinge screw tips protrude into the box, this sops anything from snagging on them (depending what all is stored in the box) or scraping your hand against one. Did your hinges and clasp come with screws? I’m still trying to find tiny screws that match some of my hardware (or have a different head ). Nice work !!!

2 Likes