Lid came apart

Lid separated from rear hinge plate and the front guide plate which left the glass lid floating. The connection for the lid camera and lighting pulled free and now the machine won’t work because it sees the lid open. Lid appeared glued to both the rear hinge plate and the front lid guide. Designed to fail.

3 Likes

That bites. There have been (via the forum) less than a dozen of these, but for the people it happens to it’s catastrophic. It will either require a trip back to the mothership for them to fix/replace or for you to do it yourself. They don’t have a quick-and-easy.

Posting here means a staff member will be along shortly to offer you the repair option - but if you’re out of warranty it’ll come with an invoice. If you want to look into repairing it yourself read this:

2 Likes

Hi @qktime2 . I’m so sorry to hear that lid of your Glowforge is becoming separated from the hinge in the back and the front left side. I can definitely work with you to get this resolved.

Could you please send me the following photos?

1. Open the lid to the point where it will stay open and take a photo from the side like this:
  2. Gently close the lid as far as it will go without forcing it and take a photo along the back edge:
  3. ​Take a photo which shows the whole printer and the surface it’s resting on:

Once received, I can review everything to help decide any next best steps. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.