Lid Camera Calibration Beta

Probably not, but it’s still a beta feature, so we don’t know for sure - if you try it, we’d love to hear your results!

If the workpiece was flat, and there was no crumbs underneath, and the tray was flat, etc, then it would be the same everywhere. It rarely is, though, and very small changes make a big difference.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a couple of scenes in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder version) :wink:

3 Likes

This one? :wink:

wanka

18 Likes

That looks slightly off. Perhaps you need to redo your calibration?

13 Likes

:innocent:

2 Likes

Looks more like Slugworth (Wonka’s henchman)…

4 Likes

nooooooooo… He’s “The Candyman”! (Delivering dreams!)
Especially in this thread! :smile:

(You know…I have to wonder if the newcomers reading through our antics for the first time have to wonder if we’ve completely lost our marbles?) :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh, my favorite …

Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew, cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two?

I loved that movie :grin:

7 Likes

What marbles???

6 Likes

Did the calibration on both of my machines and they are pretty much damn near PERFECT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

New song to be stuck in my head, thanks for that

3 Likes

Wait, is the a veiled reference to some moron calling Dan a wanker? :laughing:

1 Like

there’s no earthly way of knowing
where the calibration’s going
there’s no telling how we’re glowing
or which way the coolant’s flowing
is it cessna
is it boeing
whichever way the filter’s blowing

… I’ll stop now.

42 Likes

Absolutely love it. That was an unexpectedly dark part of the movie.

1 Like

I’m hearing it in @Dan’s voice in my head, now…

8 Likes

He should do it during one of his MakerFaire appearances. With a slideshow in the background keeping time and images to the lyrics :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d pay money to see that!

4 Likes

I did this 5 times. It worked the second time, but it was way off after the refresh test with the preview score. I tried three more times and it kept saying that it was interrupted. Now it’s way worse than what it used to be. I can remask the draftboard, but this is getting kind of crazy.

Edit: Is there a way to roll back my calibration to the one before this one? Didn’t think to ask until later.

1 Like

Yes, they can roll back your settings. All you have to do is ask. :grinning:

That has new nuances this year…

5 Likes

I had this exact issue, too: using set focus on the extreme right of the cutting area–even though both the target and the set focus crosshairs were in their respective (and different) allowable zones–caused a crash of the head resulting in lost steps on and a large error in placement.