Lid hinge

Thanks! I tried it and it’s working perfectly again now. Great glue!

6 Likes

I bought the PC7 on Amazon but it didn’t work for me. Can someone share a pic of the correct one? Thanks!

1 Like

If you buy the new hing bracket you will never need to repair it again. Check the reviews on it.New GLOWFORGE Aftermarket LID Hinge Repair Bracket, All Metal Construction | eBay

1 Like

Hmm, The surfaces have to be clean, and you have to be careful not to squeeze all of the epoxy out between the surfaces.

4 Likes

You can order a bracket that repairs the hinge permanently.

http://www.sentecheas.com/pdf/Glowforge_Lid_Repair_Instructions.pdf

5 Likes

Thanks for the likes

Here is my solution: Lid Saver Clips

2 Likes

For everyone whose lid is still attached (mine is) maybe it’s time to use my lid hinge and lid wire saving technique. I never full open the top lid. Only to clean the lenses. All the jobs that I load go thru the front flap door. It is dead easy to just lift the top lid enough to open the front, and slide the work in and out. It has the bonus of positioning items directly under the camera for extra accurate alignments.

3 Likes

Makes good sense, but wouldn’t work for me. The front drop down door on my dear almost-8-year-old machine falls off when you open it…so, I just don’t touch it. :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

No lid problems here - 4.5 years in.
I rarely open the lid all the way, I just open it partway most of the time.

8 Likes