LID OPEN ERROR, Led lights do not turn on

Guys, been using my glowforge for about a week and its been amazing but I am so sad right now!! IT STOPPED working :frowning:

I already scoured the forums and read every post about the lid open error and followed the steps supplied by the staff on this post here.

However, the units LED lights DO NOT turn on, and it still shows the lid open error.

I have cleaned the tray, the magnets, I have made sure everything aligns properly and nothing looks off. Please help, I am hoping to get this resolved soon.

You might want to check that the ribbon cable is fully seated with no bent pins. I donā€™t know if that would affect this error but it couldnā€™t hurt to check.

2 Likes

The led lights are always on. They just get a bit brighter when you close the lid. If yours are completely off, itā€™s the ribbon cable like @cynd11 said.

1 Like

Both the lid sensors and the led light control go through the same ribbon cable to the circuit board in the rear of the unit. So might be the connection or the board itself.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this. It looks like youā€™ve been able to print successfully a number of times since starting this thread. Were you able to resolve the problem, or are you still running into any trouble?

Itā€™s been a little while since Iā€™ve seen any replies on this thread so Iā€™m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.