Lid Open error when it is closed

Anyone have any tips for diagnosing the GF thinking the lid is open when it is not? I have done all the standard cleaning and checked that door/lid is tight, etc.

I also used a pair of magnets on the contact points on the lid to ensure that it was actually capable of detecting the lid was closed. The magnets caused it to think the lid was closed, which is fine, but if I lower the lid with the magnets in place, it switches to thinking the lid is open again when it is about 3 inches from being genuinely closed. So something about actually approaching being truly closed is triggering it to proven closed detection.

Here’s a previous post that contains some troubleshooting steps you can take while you’re waiting for support to get back to you:

1 Like

Thanks for that info. Yeah, I tried it with the crumb tray out in my search for grit both around the lid and around the front door.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.