"Lid Open" error when trying to print, but lid is closed (2)

“Lid Open” error when trying to print, but lid is closed

I was sent a new black cable to fix my issue with Glowforge always telling me that my lid is open. I hoping that was not the problem, my Plus is only a month old, but they sent me a new anyway.

I received the new cable, carefully removed the old one, and nervously installed the new one (those pins are soooo tiny!)

But after replacing the old cable, my Glowforge is still acting the same way. Is there anything else I can try??

Other than posting clear pictures of everywhere the cable is plugged in, no.

If all appears OK, they’ll likely have to replace the machine.

1 Like

Here are the pictures of the new cable connections.

I will see if I am able to locate and test the sensors.

Support will need the pictures of where the other ends of the cable connect also.

Those are still in the previous post (that I linked above) and have not changed. I will post them again if they required it, but there is no change in those connections.

1 Like

Oh, I see, I misunderstood what I was looking at, sorry.

I’m sorry for the ongoing trouble. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’m closing this thread and I’ll be in touch via email very soon to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.