"Lid Open" error when trying to print, but lid is closed

I have only had the Glowforge (Plus) a few weeks now. It was working great, but last night it started having this “Lid Open” error.

I searched forums and tried several of the suggestions and last night I got it to work and ran a test print.

Today, I tried to use it again, but the same error, and none of the suggestions that worked last night are working. I caved in and created this topic…

There are a few things that can cause that - here is a great post that’ll walk you through the troubleshooting. Once a staff member gets here, if you’ve clearly stated what you’ve done, and posted the requested answers they’ll be able to help much faster!

Thanks. I had already tried all of those as well. I also found a post about debris in the door and base, so I made sure to clean all those areas. The front door was rather sticky, so I cleaned that as well.

I got it to work once, but I don’t know what made it work that night. I think it might have something to do with how it is sitting, but it is on a flat desk. The front left of the top lid looks a little off, but I don’t know what to do about that or if it is within the margin of error or not.

Another post suggested placing a small stack of paper under it, so I tried that (and was hopeful) but still could not get it to see the lid as closed.

That does sound black cable-ish to me…Support should be along soon to weigh in!

I’m so sorry to hear that you are hitting this snag!

I appreciate you working through those troubleshooting steps, and sending over such great information. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review.

Since everything is connected properly, its likely that your black lid cable needs to be replaced. I’ve reached out directly via email to work on the next steps. I’ll now close this thread.

1 Like