"Lid Open" Error

Out of nowhere I suddenly have the “Lid Open” error and can’t do anything.

I searched the forum and followed the troubleshooting steps (removing/reinstalling crumb tray, cleaning, ensuring door is tightly closed, …) but nothing works.

Please tell me how to proceed.

Is the front panel snapped into place All The Way?

Absoluely. The odd thing is that I completed a job with it earlier this morning and did nothing to affect the front panel.

i had this recently caused by tiny bts of wood in the door hinge area. vacuuming fixed it.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having problems. Could you do the following for me?

1. Power off your Glowforge

2. Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge

3. Remove your crumb tray

4. Check for and remove any debris that may prevent the front door from closing properly, particularly the area underneath the front door

5. Close the front door and lid

6. Power your Glowforge back on

7. If you’re still receiving the Lid Open message without the crumb tray installed, please take a look at the following photos and let me know anything looks different. If you see anything that looks different, please take a picture and send it to us. Also, if the lights on the lid of your Glowforge are not lighting up, please let me know.

01 Front Left

02 Front Right

03 Door Open Left

04 Door Open Right

05 Door Closed Lid Open Left

06 Door Closed Lid Open Right

@pip, it looks like all of those photos are the same photos?

1 Like

@pip - I followed all the steps you sent and unfortunately I’m still stuck with the “Lid Open” message after removing the crumb tray and vacuuming and cleaning it thoroughly.

I referenced the photos from this thread (https://community.glowforge.com/t/lid-open-message-when-lid-is-closed/27207/5) since it seems you accidentally sent 6 pictures that were the same.

Please advise on next steps. Thanks.

@pip - Also, the lights on my Glowforge are on and seem normal.

Fixed the pictures. Thanks for the heads up @jbmanning5.

No idea how that happened.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.