Lid open error!

Lid open!!! This happened on Sunday I immediately checked everything for debris powered down, unplugged, removed the crumb tray. We contacted GF via emal Sun, and Wed. Called Wed, and today. We are going on 5 days with no response from GF? Any help would be appreciated,

I had the same problem happening right now. I opened a topic here and someone from Glowforge wrote (the next day) and said he will close the discussion cos someone had emailed me so I got one email from him. I replied back as soon as I can few hours from the time he emailed us and since then havnt heard from them. I wonder if they only reach out to you fast if you ask for help here in the community page but then they are fast to close it with the problem not solved yet. I know I need to be patient but I also need a timeframe cos I might need to refund some orders that are already paid for, hopefully they will reach out to me soon. goodluck to you

I’m so sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge and that we haven’t been able to connect yet. My colleagues tried to reach out via email on 8/25 and 8/28; would you please let me know if the messages went to your spam folder by mistake? If not, will you please let me know which email is the best one for us to contact you at so that we can make sure we have the correct address?

Thank you for the information that you already went through the initial troubleshooting steps and cleaned your machine. I’d like to take a closer look at your unit to investigate this for you. Will you please take a few photos of your unit for me?

1. Power off your Glowforge

2. Open the lid and front door of your Glowforge

3. Remove your crumb tray

4. Please take the following photos. Also, if the lights on the lid of your Glowforge are not lighting up, please let me know.

​ ​

​ ​

You can share the photos here on the forum or, if you’d prefer, send them to us via email and I’ll review everything and advise on next steps.

Thank you!

1 Like

Here are the photos you requested I have been working nights and unable to respond sooner. And the messages are going into the spam folder. We are desperate our daughters wedding is at the end of Sept and we still have so much to cut with the glowforge. Thank you for your time

image3.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Hi @spgreen, I’m going to jump in a little earlier than @ivan1 can since you’re in a big rush to get this going. (He’s the official word on the matter though, so if you want to wait on him before doing this it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea.) :slightly_smiling_face:

The pictures that he had you take show a problem with the tension in the belt on the right side of the machine. That might or might not be the issue throwing the error message, but it does need to be addressed, and you can get started on that while you wait for Ivan.

I can’t find his earlier writeups with pictures on how to tighten the side belts…but it’s fairly easy. You need an Allen wrench. There is a black pulley at the back of the machine that slides in a little slot.

• Turn off the machine and pull the laser arm all the way forward.
  • Insert the Allen wrench into the center of the hole in the pulley and it can be loosened.
  • Push the pulley back in the slot until the slack gets taken up in the belt.
  • Tighten the pulley into place.

Tension on the belt should look something like this when you’re done:

After tensioning the belt, you can move the laser arm back to home position, turn on the machine, and try a small print on draftboard. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you will address that issue also. The alcohol is kept in the bathroom but I just cleaned it again before taking pics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d no doubt knock it over into the machine. :smile:

That would not be good. I did tighten that and still no go. Alchol is safely back in the bathroom as well.

Rats! Well, it was worth a shot. Sorry that wasn’t the issue and hope you get back up and running quickly. :frowning:

Thanks for posting those photos, I have followed with your next steps up by email. I will keep this thread open until you have replied. If our email did not come through, please let us know and we will follow up again.

Also, thanks @Jules for the help with the right side belt! That does need to be tightened, please let us know if you need any additional instructions for that.

1 Like

I have followed up to your email reply. I am going to close this thread.