Lumosforge is here!

So cool man!
The question is what kind of stone is that?
Blue…! first guess is igneous, but i dunno. Seen most dramatic results from limestone, which bleaches as @rpegg said.
That is amazing! I want slabs of it. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I hate that, too…but it’s a PITA to get off for some reason. Must be the resin or something in the woods. I’ve used Invisible Glass spray which is normally excellent, but doesn’t really do a great job. Even the little Zeiss wipes that came with it do a better cleaning job on the tube and the lid than anything so far. I love the looks of the glass in the lid and tube when they’re sparkling clean.

2 Likes

LOVE these…so ‘New Mexican’.

2 Likes

Oh no…no embarrassment for that, please. Just the fact that you were daring enough to try it is great in my book! (I want to try it now, myself…thank you!)

1 Like

I’m VERY excited for you finally getting your long-awaited Glowforge. You and your family will be having some amazing fun from now on.

1 Like
14 Likes

Oh yeah? That’s good to know. I didn’t get any so I ordered a box from Amazon this morning. I think they’re coming tomorrow, so… But otherwise, you’re SO right. I tried cleaning them this evening and no real luck! They’re a little better, but nothing like day 1!

3 Likes

You’re breaking my heart! :cry:

2 Likes

I have a shirt with picture Stitch trying to take a large bite out of BB-8. This is only the second time I’ve seen them both together…:+1: Nice post!

3 Likes

Perhaps we’re going to need some serious counseling to get over our OCD tendencies? The glass just gets smeary looking…and I’m not sure what looks worse. If you find some magic solution, please be sure to share. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Strong work with that engrave @chevalier_jeanpaul :grinning:
I love how it turned out. It looks like you are well on your way!
I also loved the Rock! :lizard:

3 Likes

There are wipes called Mack’s wipes in the cleaning section of grocery stores. I think often near the personal hygiene around the contact solution. They are bigger pads and so well for quick cleans of tube and glass of the lid.

5 Likes

With 1.5 years of waiting, I created quite a backlog of projects. I wanted to play with 3D shapes/assemblies now that I am comfortable with the :glowforge: basics.

I decided on an interlocking construction system that I had created (based on something I had seen at our local science center) for my wife’s 1st grade classroom. I grabbed some MDF my kids had rescued from the recycling area in our Costco and went to it. The MDF measured .22", and three tests at 100% power and I had the perfect speed of 25.

This is just a small sampling of the shapes I have created, but it was enough for my kids to come up with these creations.

44 Likes

Magic Sponges - Mr Clean and other varieties

3 Likes

These are awesome I’m sure they’ll get lots of use. Great find on the Costco bin treasure LOL

1 Like

I’m hoping we see this on the Glowforge Catalog someday. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How about I just put it in the free design section of the forum once I am happy with the design. As I mentioned, I took inspiration from a much larger version (think big enough to make a playhouse) and while my version is a good bit different, I would rather share freely than risk selling and the legal reproductions.

I love hearing that people like what I am doing though!

10 Likes

Thank you for your generosity and I’ll look forward to downloading the designs for myself.

2 Likes

These would be handy to have around to do all kinds of stands and props for holding whatever, not just a toy. But still, a great toy. Very nice.

1 Like

I have not weeded yet, but it looks promising. Proofgrade maple, medium engrave. About 11" tall and just over an hour to complete.

55 Likes