Machine Running, Arm moving, Laser not Firing

I ran my machine yesterday for 3 hours with no problem. Shut it down same way as always, nothing out of the norm. I went to start it up this morning and run more cuts today, got the design in, hit the ‘start’ button, it fired up, paused after about 5 seconds running, fired up again by itself, and moves around like it’s cutting but the laser isn’t firing up. I dug around the forums for what could possibly be going on, followed every suggestion on this list Head moving but laser not firing and still nothing.

I submitted a support ticket but I’m completely freaking out right now because I have SO many fall orders I had to work on.

While I wait for support to get back to me, do any of you have suggestions around other things to try?

If you’ve followed the steps provided by support in that thread, then you’ve done all you can - except provide the date/time of the test print they ask for (unless you sent that by email.)

Yeah, I sent the date and time I rant the machine yesterday with success, and the date and time I ran into the problem and when I ran the test print this morning.

Uggggh I’m screaming inside right now :sob:

1 Like

That’s really unfortunate. I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully support will get in touch soon.

I’m so sorry about the trouble with your Glowforge. Thank you for letting us know which troubleshooting steps you’ve already tried. Unfortunately we’ve found that your unit has an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I see you’ve already emailed us about this issue, so I’m going to close this forum thread and follow up with you via email with next steps very soon.