Machine still self Pausing

After Fark, Cheezburger is my biggest internet time sink. Well, not counting the Glowforge forum.

3 Likes

Okay, here’s a really off the wall suggestion. Have you removed and inspected the head to see if a magnet is possibly stuck there? I had one jump up once (long before the new fan messages) and was looking all over for it.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I checked it and the contacts too. :thinking:

@marmak3261, do you happen to know if the pause occurred during the cut?

The three times it did it were during cuts. The engrave part finished and then the cuts were paused. It resumed just fine though after pressing print.

1 Like

The engrave on the first side of this file is almost 2 hours, no problem. the cuts cause it apparently. I flipped the tokens and completed the other long engrave without a hitch. :thinking:

Yikes! Hope they get it sorted out quickly for you … Probably for everyone.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the delay.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

Thank you pip!
The file is running right now, probably about 10 min before it starts cutting.

Just finished the print (3:40 PM mountain) and it paused 17 times out of 77 cuts. Random frequency, it might do 20 cuts and pause, and pause again after 2-3 cuts. Occasionally it will pause almost immediately after I push the button.

1 Like

Thanks for the details! I’ll include them in the investigation.

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I didn’t expect anyone would be manning support on a holiday, I hope you are getting compensated well for your sacrifice. Happy Easter!

Happy to help! Hope the pausing didn’t put too much of a damper your holiday.

We made a small change earlier today that should clear this up for you.

Can you let me know if you’re still having problems?

3 Likes

I will run another :proofgrade: sheet today and report back!

2 Likes

Yesss! You nailed it pip!
Thank you so much for your help!

I noticed something I never saw before, here’s a couple of screenshots of it. when I loaded the file there were 6 token images missing, replaced with black circles… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I just moved the spots aside and copy/pasted 6 more and positioned them. as soon as I did and deselected them their images showed up :thinking:

Strange, but it was no problem for me, I just had never seen this behavior before and thought it worth mentioning.

Thank you again for squaring my machine away! :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Have seen the solid black engraves show up a few times. Some pasted instances of a design would be fine but a few would be solid black. Never figured out what was causing it. Did pretty much what you did and moved on.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks. You never saw that pausing during cuts? First I had seen it, I was hoping it was a result from a recent update… apparently not, maybe it was machine specific but big relief it wasn’t hardware. Still a mystery, but at least that behavior is gone

Have never seen the pausing you described.

1 Like

Ditto, I’ve experienced the black pieces as well. Never had the pause issue though.

1 Like

The behavior you’re seeing with black fills is something we’ve seen, too. The team is looking into it, but early investigation suggests that this may only be an issue that occurs with browser rendering and memory when a great number of individual copies are made of one design in the Workspace. I’m glad to hear you were easily able to work around it in the meantime. Thanks for letting us know about it!

Because the pausing no longer seems to be occurring, I’m going to close this thread. If the same problem happens again, or if you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic. Happy printing!

1 Like