Magic Canvas Contest– Enter for a chance to win the $1000 prize!

Hi everyone! It’s me, Averly! I’m back with a chance for you to win a $1000 gift card for Proofgrade materials!

If you haven’t heard the exciting news about Magic Canvas, the coolest new feature in the Glowforge App, go read Dan’s post first and come right back. I’ll wait!

Now you know: Magic Canvas brings your ideas to life — the possibilities really are endless. So let’s see what you’re making!

Show us your prints here by posting a photo or video (peep below for some examples!), and you’ll be entered in the contest for $1000 in Proofgrade credit. You’ll also get extra entries if you share on Instagram and/or TikTok! Winners will be chosen at random on 2/20/23 and announced later that day.

Here are all the details:

1. You’ll have from today, February 7th, 2023 until 11:59PM PST, February 19th, 2023 to post your entries.

2. You can enter a bunch of ways (with a max of 20 entries across all platforms per person):

• Reply to this post with:

• A screenshot of your Magic Canvas creation = 1 entry
      • A photo or video of your Magic Canvas creation, printed on any material = 5 entries
    • Post a photo or video on Instagram with all three hashtags: #magiccanvas #glowforge #glowforgegiveaway. Make sure your posts are public so we can count your entries.

• A screenshot of your Magic Canvas creation = 1 entry
      • A photo or video of your Magic Canvas creation, printed on any material = 5 entries
    • Post a video on TikTok with all three hashtags: #magiccanvas #glowforge #glowforgegiveaway. Make sure your posts are public so we can count your entries.

• A video showing your Magic Canvas creation on screen = 1 entry
      • A video of your Magic Canvas creation, printed on any material = 5 entries
  3. Still have questions? Check out the official terms and conditions.

So your amazing designs inspire as many fellow Glowforge creators as possible, we may share a few posts from this thread on Glowforge social media. If you’d like the team to tag you, please include your Instagram, TikTok, and/or Twitter username in your entries!

26 Likes

Super excited about this!
Quick question I have the premium version but I don’t see the magic Canvas option yet. Is there something I have to do on my end? Thanks!

1 Like

Same :frowning:

1 Like

Awesome.

1 Like

Where is the magic canvas option? I have an active premium subscription.

I planned day around this exciting new release and contest. I am excited about the possibilities of Magic Canvas, but I have already paid for a year subscription and already own a glowforge pro, so I don’t qualify for any of the “big” perks. Because I am still new that also means I don’t have a chance at the giveaway…because it is a contest…not a random giveaway. This limited space livestream is now available to everyone, whether they took the time to claim a spot and watch it live. Everyone is now able to enter the giveaway contest!!

3 Likes

Yes, what they said… I can’t find it as an option on mine and I am a premium subscriber. Thanks!

It’s rolling out over the next few days to all Premium subscribers. You’ll definitely have it by Friday, and probably sooner!

7 Likes

They’ve said that it will roll out to all premium users over the next few days. Mine just showed up, so just give it some time and it’ll be there. It’s a little icon next to the plus sign.

4 Likes

Thank you for the new feature. I watched the live feed and I am looking forward to it showing up.

3 Likes

The results are really cool and super fun to play with. BUT, I just learned that your previous creations disappear once you close out and re-open. So make sure if you create one that you really like you save it before you close out, or it’s gone forever. ::

11 Likes

So you put together a $1000 contest that’s only available to people who pay for premium? This feels really scummy. Unless this feature is going to be available to everyone until the contest ends, which is not what I’m hearing.

3 Likes

[edit: sometimes I get unnecessarily snarky]

I have no stake in this (I have Premium but I’m not entering the contest), but in a past life I had to learn the rules for giving away prizes legally so I always look at contest rules out of curiosity. I don’t want to go off on a huge tangent here since it’s trivial to type the words into Google and read any number of articles on the subject, but this appears to be: 1. a prize, 2. chosen randomly, 3. that you can’t win without making a purchase (a Glowforge and a Premium subscription). IANAL but my understanding is that those three things together are a big no-no because now you are running a lottery and the government tends to frown on that. The usual workaround is to offer an alternate entry method like filling out a form or dropping a postcard in the mail, which I don’t see here.

7 Likes

The terms of the contest indicate no purchase necessary to win, but I don’t understand how if there’s a paywall to use the feature. Hope they work this out for folks not participating in premium.

• No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4 Likes

8 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

Kind of bummed this isn’t rolled out to all premium users at once.

2 Likes

Refresh Refresh Refresh Refresh!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I have the Glowforge Pro as well as the premium subscription since I have had my machine and in hopes this roll out gets to me soon; so excited for the new posibilities!! thank you so much!!

1 Like