Make Something: First Tests

You missed it while you were out of town…he dropped a few rather broad hints a few days ago. :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah I caught that he was getting one but was waiting for proof.

3 Likes

This was a big “holy cow how did we miss that” moment at GFHQ - we’ll work on making the correct orientation more obvious.

You all’s feedback is invaluable. Here @makesomething suffers so you don’t have to. :wink:

19 Likes

ARGH!

9 Likes

All the bits and bobs are coming into place. :slight_smile: The lower flap is still sticky on some units, but we’re working on that too.

17 Likes

A couple months ago I posted that should I ever be lucky enough to get a visit from a FedEx truck that my wife would document the unbridled excitement. Here tis.

54 Likes

Ha nice! Congrats and welcome to the club!!! Feel free to drop me a message anytime.

The inside of the bed area of mine is metal as well, but the sides outside the cut area are lined with foil instead of whatever you have.

Ah man I’m so excited for you!!

10 Likes

Whoa sport! Let’s calm down before you hurt yourself! ROFL!
(That’s going into the Highlights Reel!) :wink:

19 Likes

Gonna be reasonably low profile until I get comfortable or prolific. At least a couple weeks. Only had time to print the ruler today. Just got back from a music gig.

11 Likes

It was painful.

6 Likes

Oh yes - production shielding’s in. And you noticed the speaker I see.

Some other improvements that aren’t visible that facilitate larger scale production, too.

…that @rpegg smile…

26 Likes

Told you you’d squeee before it was over…:wink:

8 Likes

So exciting! Can’t wait to see the final product!

8 Likes

I was laughing out loud at that one! You are a funny guy…which is rather ironic considering your personality. What great fortune…great Glowforge, great fun.

6 Likes

That made me laugh out loud too.

But am I the only one that watched that and had this pop into their head? :christmas_tree:

20 Likes

As long as you dont hear it say
“Just what do you think you are doing, Jules?”

7 Likes

Well, it didn’t pop into my head, but I can sure see why you thought of that. Perfect. Turns into a slightly evil grin by the end…makes you wonder what’s going on in his head.

1 Like

Anyone who gets a brand new laser and makes a home-made pine freshener as their project is one cool dude in my books. Loved it! :evergreen_tree::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Doggone it! I miss all the exciting stuff by going to bed at a reasonable hour. Congratulations and have lots of fun!

5 Likes

Is that a passthrough slot I can see on the second photo?

1 Like