What have you accomplished while waiting for the Glowforge?

What you said. Bah…humbug!

2 Likes

Compared to what these guys got to do? No contest. :wink:

3 Likes

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations!

(Meanwhile, something I didn’t do quite yet: get the bikes out of the path of the big snoplow pile.)

4 Likes

Thanks! On Feb 1st, I got married!

24 Likes

Congratulations! :smiley::heartpulse::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::cupid:

6 Likes

Well now, that’s a significant accomplishment. Congrats to you both, and I hope the other half is a Glowforge fan as well!

5 Likes

Heh, I don’t think she will be a fan of how big it is, or the potential smells coming out if it. I’m sure she will like all the things I make for her with it.

11 Likes

made 1800 truffles
re modeled the kitchen
installed a new floor in the animal room
re decorated partially the family room
built a truffle box for my truffle molds
built an enormous butcher block
established a longer term relation ship
began deployment of windows 10 at a large enterprise
began deployment of office 365 at a large enterprise
deployed a massive analytics cluster for hosting utilization, predictions, monitoring
doubled VDI hosting capacity at a large enterprise
adopted a new rabbit
built a very large shed (its the size of a small house)
rebuilt a tool trailer
build and water cooled a new gaming computer

I am sure I am missing allot

8 Likes

Yep, still fat… but now I have a table for the Glowforge habitat.

6 Likes

It’s great to see this topic still going on. Most of you have some serious accomplishments!

I have to add some more to my list. It feels like I’m never getting to own a glowforge…

• My daughter was born
  • Went to Japan (and came back!)
  • Started remodeling another apartment
  • Finalized designs to completely demolish and rebuild the farmhouse

With a bit of luck the house will still be there before I finally get my forge but I’m not counting on it. On the upside I do get to cancel the airfilter. Since the forge won’t be living in a city apartment anymore but instead in my new garage/ workshop.

9 Likes

Gave my dog a haircut… now he has a twin

22 Likes

I took some pictures.

14 Likes

Pretty exciting stuff going on for me. I have filed a trademark registration for the name I use for my retail products, begun the paperwork to convert my sole proprietorship to an LLC, added a new wholesale customer with 4 more promising leads, just ordered a few hundred screen printed t-shirts including a brand new design, and just booked an order that makes 2017 already my third best year.

I’m pretty pumped up right now and had to share. Now I’m starting to wonder if I’m pumped up by all of this or if those 2 cups of tea I had earlier weren’t really decaffeinated after all.

22 Likes

No, you have a right to be pumped up by this! Very exciting stuff! When you work for yourself you don’t get those team-building ra-ras and achievement awards and all that incentive stuff that working for a large company can bring you. I’d say that list of accomplishments is definitely worthy of an achievement award! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Don’t you hate it when that happens? Chuckle!

Seriously, congratulations, it sounds like you’re kickin’ ass and takin’ names! :wink:

3 Likes

Just because A is true does not mean B isn’t also true.

1 Like

Whoooaaa there. You have to be careful. If you get too pumped up someone could sue you claiming your iconic postcard is false advertising.

Seriously, that sounds wonderful.

4 Likes

Well, it’s all relative. While I show slightly more emotion than @rpegg (Make Something: First Tests), it’s a rare day when people question the validity of that postcard.

6 Likes