MakerCaddy

I’m trying to make a Maker Caddy for a customer but the dimensions just don’t fit. I’m having a problem but can’t find the pattern anywhere on GF in order to contact the maker. The files for all parts (bottom, sides, handle) say to use thick material and the organizer bins are medium. But the boxes are absolutely too large and four will not fit. I even tried to use light (thin) plywood but they’re still about 1/32" too wide. My expertise in Inkscape isn’t sufficient to move two sides in without affecting the rest of the box. What I need is for the sides hi-lited in gray to move inward by 1/16". for both sides, again, without affecting the other two sides or bottom. I’m attaching a jpg of the Maker Caddy in case you’re not familiar with it and an Inkscape plan of the boxes with the adjustment for which I’m asking. If someone could help me out with this I’d really appreciate it.
Maker Caddy 1
Maker Caddy Organiser Bins Medium Material

Sorry, I can’t help with modifying this for you, but am curious about what this refers to…

Are you meaning that this was in the free laser category here on the forum? Where did you get the file from?..was it from the catalog?

2 Likes

That’s what I don’t know, Xabbess. I obviously got the photo and svg files from the GF website but I searched every way I could think of and didn’t get a hit.

1 Like

Try searching for Maker Caddy I think that is the one you are looking for.

1 Like

Hope this helps:

Maker Caddy Organiser Bins mod

2 Likes

So here is a reference to this file: Maker Caddies

5 Likes

In the spirit of admitting one’s mistake, if I had simply put a freakin’ space between Maker and Caddy I would have found everything a long time ago. Thanks for your help, beerfaced. I’ll give that cut a try tomorrow and let you know.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.