Material size

I was engraving on 1 7/8 material yesterday with no problems today went to do the same and was told I had to have .5 with tray or 1.5 to 2 inch and cancelled my print job WTF.
I have cleaned every lens and mirror today and still cancelled print job. Has anyone had issues with machine when material is smaller then 2 inches.
Thanks.

The surface of your material needs to be within 0.5" of the laser head. If you do a search on “cutting without the tray” you’ll find lots of tips and tutorials. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Assuming that you have placed the material without the crumb tray. Is it possible that the automatic red laser dot for height measurement or set focus point didn’t hit your material?

1 Like

Perhaps the set focus missed your work piece?

1 Like

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble when printing on your material. It looks like you’ve received some good information from our other community members so far. Thanks folks!

You’re correct that you should be able to print on objects up to 2" thick by removing the crumb tray. Our community has developed some great Tips and Tricks, and this illustrated guide might be just what you need. Will you please let us know if this helps?

Thank you this is what we found last night and had to offset which would should not have to do, but it worked for now. Also ran camera recalibration and this helped for about 3 cuts.

Again thank you for your support.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. It’s great to hear that you were able to get back up and running with your project! Did your other prints since then also go well?

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post.

If you have any more trouble, please start a new post or email us at support@glowforge.com.