Maybe Tuesday?

Not trying to steal @pigheaded 's thunder, I am on edge hoping his came tonight. If not they should get it tomorrow.

So I figured I’d check my ups too. It’s telling me mine is coming Tuesday!

Downside, I work 1130am-700pm, then immediately have to run up to MSP to pickup my mother, brother, and his fiance flying in from Florida, to stay the next few weeks.

Upside: i took a few vacation days next week to spend with them… Now we can spend that time together glowforging!

46 Likes

Family that Glowforges together, stays together :smiley:

18 Likes

@Sawa I’m off on Tuesday, I could come over and intercept err I mean accept it for you.

13 Likes

Tuesday would be a day that I absolutely could not intercept it, as much as i might wish to.

3 Likes

Nice try, but I’ve already given my wife explicit instructions for accepting and handling the packages.

When it’s all setup you are certainly welcome to come visit and run a project or seven. I’ll be keeping you guys posted.

8 Likes

I’d grab that invite, too, but I suspect you are a bit far for a day trip.

Southern Minnesota. About an hour south of the twin cities. Open invite to all~ but message me to work out a date. I have a full time job and kids to schedule around.

3 Likes

Ooooh, where? An hour south of the twin cities puts you pretty near my hometown, Mankato. I get back there occasionally to see family and friends. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ya, just about half hour to the east in Waseca

2 Likes

That’s funny. I’ve got an office that’s also about an hour south of MSP (Red Wing MN) too. But it’s an hour & half from Waseca :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m in Western Michigan, so that would have to be a weekend trip with possibly one day off work for me, to do it justice. If my Pro is too long delayed, I might just schedule that up with you.

1 Like

Of course, other things going on, I may be applying for a new position at work. It would be a big advance, but would probably cut me from work at home. Suddenly, I might have to choose between sleep and :glowforge: on a daily basis. Thankfully, I’m used to long weeks with little or no sleep.

3 Likes

Good luck on the promotion opportunity. For me, receiving the Glowforge will be a promotion from mere retirement to purposed, inventive, and creative retirement.

5 Likes

Congrats!!

I worked at AOL for 14 years - never took a sick day or called out sick. I’ve been at my current job for 8 years (minus 1 year when they laid off) and never called out sick. I was dragged out of work in an ambulance when I had the heart attack ( The EMTs literally had to drag me away from my keyboard and I was in surgery within the hour). Was back at work (that was a Thurs) on Monday. A month later they decided I needed a bypass- went back to work within 3 weeks… So when I called my boss on Thursday and said I was waiting until my :glowforge: arrived - it was a big deal to me - and worth it. I’m bummed I had to go in the final 2 hours to run reports, etc but I was not going to miss my :glowforge: .
Sorry for the rant - hope it doesn’t sound self-serving or anything - just my point of view. My parents instilled a strong work ethic but sometimes you have to just do something for yourself :relaxed:

Now to get out of this forum and start cutting something…

25 Likes

With a work ethic and history like that, you deserve a few days off to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

3 Likes

Agreed. Grats @PlGHEADED can’t wait to see what you’ve made first!

3 Likes

I think it’s a ruler :laughing:

5 Likes

I just saw the other post right after I wrote that.

1 Like

Poor boss! Probably thinks you’re having another heart attack… :laughing:

(said by a guy who had a PSVT episode himself two weeks ago)

2 Likes