Thanks for letting us know. I’m sorry that your print didn’t come out beautifully!
To cut successfully, there are three important things to check. First, your material must lie flat. This requires a clean, properly installed crumb tray and flat materials. Second, there must be no obstructions, dirt, or damage preventing the laser light from reaching your material. Third, your design must be set up properly - for example, with lines that are fully on the material and that are set to cut.
It’s hard to know which issue might be affecting your print, so please read through our troubleshooter and make sure to clean or inspect anything you haven’t already looked at.
Then, while you are cleaning, please check the printer head mirror by following these directions:
- While the head is off, set it on a table (or on the honeycomb).
- Lift up just the very top part of the head, and it will come off like a cap.
- Pull on the little greenish handle, and you’ll see a mirror.
- Wipe that with a lens wipe.
- Put the mirror back down so that the little green part is more or less parallel to the ground (so you can see the glowforge logo easily)
- Put the cap back on. It’s designed to align properly without you needing to do anything else.
Once you’ve inspected and cleaned, please try another print. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade Draftboard and let us know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let us know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.