I have been marking stainless steel jewelry for about a year now. My GF settings are saved and have always worked perfectly. Two days ago, my marking suddenly started to get darker. It’s almost as though it’s being marked/engraved twice.
I’m attaching a picture of what these used to look like, and what they look like now (top is before).
I’m using the same settings, same SS and same marking material I always have. Even if I change LPI settings - it looks exactly the same.
Here is what I’ve tried so far:
- Reset the machine
- Ran the camera calibration
- Cleaned the GF thoroughly per the instructions on the site
- Tightened the belts by using a hex screw to loosen, then tighten, the tension on both the X and Y axes.
- Played around with settings on the off chance something has actually changed
- Flung myself on my knees and begged my GF to work like she used to
- Bought vodka. A big bottle
Any other suggestions? I am at a complete loss. When I cleaned it yesterday, nothing looked damaged/cracked/broken. The very first engrave after cleaning printed perfectly. Then immediately reverted back to the darker print.