Middle of Week Three since Golden Email

have you gotten your PG shipment? If so, you’re in the flow and you may get the notice when it shows up. If not, I’d toss Support an email as it would seem you’re not in process - PG seems to arrive within a couple of weeks pretty consistently.

1 Like

yes, got the PG shipment several weeks ago, used my Inventables GC and already received that. I just saw another post of an Oct 20th order receiving their shipment, I was an OCT18th order at the very begining of the day

That (PG) is good. It means you’re just at the mercy of the physical build, checkout and handoff to UPS process. BTW make sure you tell UPS you want to see when a shipment is created not just when it’s on its way - that way you should see it as soon as Flex slaps the label on it. Otherwise it may not show up in your UPS feed until it shows up (they sometimes miss uploading the interim scans and just surprise you with the out for/scheduled for delivery email).

4 Likes

ooh, thanks for that

I’m on day 33 since the GT email for my pro and no UPS choice notice. I’m on the east coast, so mine will be pushing 6 weeks if it doesn’t ship soon. (PG material showed up about a week after the initial email).

Like you I’ve seen several posts from folks in this forum and in the FB groups who received their GT email days after me and have gotten their unit or have gotten their tracking numbers this week. I few ordered their pros after I did. I know of two that ordered after I did and got their shipping notices last week. Both have their units in hand now (one was in NY)

Makes me think the guy who was assigned to assemble mine was fired, quit or took a vacation, so mine is sitting at his workstation half assembled waiting for him or his replacement. Or maybe mine was assigned to the new guy at the factory and he’s still in training.

1 Like

Sad to say, but maybe it was out day that we got our Email. Maybe somebody tripped and our page of names for build slipped under a desk somewhere.

I’m starting to think that too. I assume they aren’t running this like an automobile assembly line, where each person just installs one component. I assume one person is assigned to each until until it is complete and then sent to testing. In a previous post by Dan there were shelves of units that needed a little more TLC, so maybe the guy assembling ours is on his 3rd attempt to get our units built correctly.

I ordred a spare set of googles a couple of weeks ago just to be ready for when my son wants to “help.”. They were shipped from the Flex factory via UPS, so I know the address associated with my GF account and MyChoice UPS is working properly with the Flex factory.

That shipment showed up in MyChoice UPS the evening they were shipped. However, I have no idea if the size/weight of the GF unit changes the UPS shipping/tracking process for UPS. Maybe large items don’t show up as quickly in the UPS system as something like the goggles?

1 Like

It just depends on the options that you have selected, as @jamesdhatch mentioned. The package weight won’t have any impact on the process, so far as I know.

By default, only one of the boxes in the screen shot is selected. Perhaps the day before arrival notification. If you go into your MyChoice preferences, you can enable a slew of different notifications so you won’t have to constantly track it.

2 Likes

I have everything set up. My wife and I get a ton of packages, so we’ve been using MyChoice for the past 3 years to manage our deliveries. It’s a rarity for the UPS guy to not visit our house every day. I have 20+ other items that are currently listed from ready for shipment to out for delivery but nothing is from Milpitas, CA.

1 Like

That’s like us. We sometimes feel like we should leave a sandwich out for the guy - he’s here everyday around lunchtime. Ever since Amazon Prime. We do a ton of Amazon shopping rather than drive around looking for stuff.

They built a monster fulfillment warehouse one town over. My wife suggested it might be our fault :slight_smile:

1 Like

My two year-old cries when the UPS driver doesn’t stop at our house.

UPS lost the contract for most of the Amazon Prime deliveries in our area. The US postal service makes a run through our neighborhood in the morning and then in the late afternoon with Amazon packages. Our normal mail is a delivered in a 3rd run - usually between 9-10pm, but sometimes later.

Packages over a certain weight & size and shipped from 3rd parties are still delivered by UPS.

1 Like

My weekend Amazon deliveries (Sunday even!) come via USPS. UPS still does the weekday ones.

Loved it when they started farming out to the post office. Used to be thrilled to get Sunday deliveries but now it’s expected. The thrill is gone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m at 29 days and feeling the same. Doesn’t seem to be a clear logic to how the shipments get scheduled. I’m Wisconsin, so middle of the country as well. I keep figuring that I’m being taught patience.

2 Likes

Just for the heck of it, I emailed Glowforge support about it closing in on 5 weeks for my wait.

The support person was very polite, but told me that I shouldn’t worry about it because they have my address and the Glowforge units are shipping out much faster than 5 weeks from you confirming the “Do you want your Glowforge” email. He also mentioned that I should contact them again if I don’t get my tracking info before the 5 week mark.

So I guess that means I’ll be getting a shipping notice tomorrow, since Friday starts week five for me! (I have a feeling I’ll be contacting support again).

I got mine on 10/31/17 pro. No tracking info 29days later

Ha! I almost pulled that trigger as well. Thanks for posting, One can only hope that we get something tomorrow. I kept having that feeling that as soon as I posted something today I would get the shipping notice…heh, but noooo. Good Luck Tomorrow!!!

1 Like

I am a Prophet, after I finished answering you

Mine is scheduled for Dec 5th, Over the 5 week wait though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome! Mine hasn’t changed though. Maybe tomorrow.

Still nothing from Glowforge and the UPS is just notification that GF has labeled it and schedule it for pick up, so it should be soon.

Many people have gotten their notice from Glowforge on the day it arrived or just after it arrived.