My First 2 Months With My Unit

Big YES to all of this! Living up to your websites name! And that pic with the eat sign, it’s so clean I thought it was a render.

1 Like

Wow, all these in 2 months, that’s a lot of progress! All the projects look great too!

Did you set out to sell originally or it just happened?

1 Like

OMG!!! These are all so FABULOUS!!! Excellent work!!!

I just got my machine 2 days ago and we set up shop in the basement. I have cut a small handful of things but nothing spectacular. I had so many ideas BEFORE I received the machine, and now that it is here, I just CANNOT figure out what to do next?!?!?!? LOL!

My husband fears he will never see me again unless he comes downstairs to visit.

6 Likes

LOL. Thanks guys!! I’m pretty sure I have an addiction to this machine now. And to answer your question… Definitely not sleeping anymore LOL

Definitely wasn’t intentional. I had planned to eventually turn it into a business but I didn’t expect it to take off this fast.

1 Like

Is that cork on the knit tags? How does it hold up to washing?

1 Like

Cork Cloth!!

I soooo agree with your wish list!! Great work, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Truly stunning work, and quite the assortment of projects.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. We’ve had a lot of ideas over the last two years, and now that it is on the bench ready for IQ/OQ I can’t figure out what we want to make.

2 Likes

Spreadsheets! I can’t emphasize enough how much a difference this makes. Just being able to get it down on paper and then sort it by priority makes it much easier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Normally i can pick out what abreviations mean but this one stumped me. Haha

Sorry, too many years working medical device manufacturing.
IQ - Installation Qualification (verification that the machine is installed to manufactures’ specifications; power, leveling, calibrations, & etc.)
OQ - Operational Qualification (verification that the machine is capable of functioning to manufactures’ specifications and within anticipated range of application)

2 Likes

Oh! That makes sense!!! Learn something new everyday

Would love to know how you did the rolling pin if you are OK sharing. I have a design for cylindrical object caddy but haven’t built it yet…

1 Like

Basically trial and error. I do a pass, manually rotate to a set incriment, and then repeat. The hard part is getting it to be seamless on the last pass.

1 Like

Thx… There’s a video shared here of a “caddy” that moves with the gantry, although that machine etches “top down” so that won’t work with the GF. I’m working on a similar arrangement that will work with our “bottom up” procedure.

1 Like

LOL! I did one of Russ’ (sarbarmultimedia on YT) for the Redsail and was figuring out how to do it for the GF - mostly working out how to make sure it found the material reliably and didn’t throw the error on me so I couldn’t run the job.

BTW, skateboard bearings worked great on the big one. Didn’t need his dual wheel design to keep it from flexing. Hadn’t sourced anything for the GF’s smaller wheels though.

1 Like

First thought is radio control model aircraft wheels…

A friend of mine makes pool cues and pens, he made a CNC router with a rotary axis. I haven’t shown him what the GF can do yet, because I’d like to have that figured out first.

1 Like

Long, fun thread of awesome! I ca’t wait to see what you make after 6 months!!

1 Like