My forever machine

That is great news. I was worried that my tube got messed up or something.

6 Likes

My proofgrade material is not recognized with my unit, I’m assuming it’s pre change sticker material but it’s been easy enough to get it figured out.

3 Likes

Makes sense. As @rpegg says you are mostly likely good.

Note to everyone who new to this: the material selection gives you a short list dropped down of materials not the full list. Use the search field in the top left of the drop down to look for other material.

3 Likes

That is really good advise!

Funny, that was one of my first suggestions to Support when I got the PRU. That would have been easy to incorporate in the manual (I think :slight_smile:).

Also, the use of the scrolling wheel to move through the thumbnails when you’re doing lots of colors for operation separation.

2 Likes

What were they doing before?

I think it’s always worked but it’s not intuitively obvious if you haven’t clicked on one of the thumbnails it won’t scroll the list just because your cursor is hovering over it. And you can’t arrow down from one to the next.

The sledgehammer hack is to make the zoom in your browser really little so the GFUI fits more thumbnails :smile:

Scrolling or swiping with a touch screen is so much easier though.

1 Like

I named my machine the “Frinkiac 7” from this episode of the simpsons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QWne13R_j0

3 Likes

When they changed it to use the scroll wheel I had a bear of a time trying to figure out how to scroll down with just the mousepad. Used to be intuitive with just a pointing operation but now you need to use some combination of fingers and have it enabled in Windows 10 so I can’t always remember what it is so I hooked up a mouse with a scroll wheel.

Improve one, confuse one.

2 Likes

Oh hell no…they’re small enough as it is! :grimacing:

1 Like

Ha. I thought something changed with this but couldn’t place it. I wasn’t happy with it before and it still makes me have to think when I have a big list of operations. I just wish you could enter key out of the settings pop up and tab to the next operation.

2 Likes

Wait–you can use the scroll wheel?

For scrolling through the objects to select settings on the left side of the layout screen.

1 Like

Touch pad is two finger swipe

Yep. And I guess I wasn’t the only one who didn’t realize it from the start :smile:

1 Like

Thanks, figured that out. Been using Windows and now Windows 10 forever and have never needed to read the manual or tutorials. Two finger swipe is a selection that must be enabled in the track pad settings. By default I usually disable those to keep me from throwing the laptop across the room when it doesn’t read my brain correctly.

It’s pretty much impossible to use any of the 3D design packages (and most of the 2D stuff) without a multi-function mouse. So started carrying one around in the case. (Also improves the read efficiency for the forum by about 30%.)

2 Likes

yeah, whenever i use my windows machine i have to have an external mouse or i end up mad at everything.

1 Like

I just set the machine to maple plywood, and it cut and etched much better! Thanks everyone for the heads up!

3 Likes

Oh that’s so good to hear jeremiah! I was keeping my fingers crossed it wasn’t a bad unit or something. Laser on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that I know I got a good machine, I can focus on my other worries. The smoke is the first concern, and noise is the second. With the lid shut, and the hose is attached to a vent in the window, it still gets a bit smokey in the room. I’ll put some tape on the tube to seal it better. I only cut the second project, and I feel a bit nauseous. Does anyone else have the same issue?
The noise is an issue because I live in an apartment complex. I walked outside during a print, and it isn’t so bad. It sounds like an air conditioner is running. I don’t think I’ll be able to make things at night, unless I can reduce the noise a bit.

3 Likes