My glowforge shows offline, but is clearly on?

Same issue here. Waiting to hear back from support.

I had that happen once and running the setup again fixed the issue.

1 Like

my unit isn’t broadcasting an access point like setup says. if its happening to you too, i’m imagining they are pushing an update. the support webpage got an update, so that’s prolly all it is.

you’re probably right. It’s not happening to me right now.

A few of us had the exact same problem late last night. The bad news is we don’t know the procedure to fix it. The good news is the problem went away for most after being off for a while and turning the unit back on. Assume support will get back with you soon, but in the mean time take comfort in the fact that it’s probably not your machine and some unknown conditions or S/W push will get you running again.

3 Likes

I hope the update is robust enough to handle being switched on and off three times while it is happening!

2 Likes

This is what I do to get it to reconnect:

First turn off machine if it’s on.
Log off of your account on Glowforge.com and close the GFUI.

Wait a couple of minutes.
Log back on to the Glowforge account.
Turn on the machine.
Open the GFUI.

(And I should mention that this isn’t working at the moment…something is up.)

2 Likes

Meant to ask… Not sure if you took note… Does your calibrate?
I only ask because mine just sits there. The head never moves.

Not sure if @Sawa and I are having the same issue, but the Glowforge doesn’t rely on the website to calibrate. So logging off the app would have no effect there. Lucky coincidence for you though! :slight_smile: But it does require a network connection to calibrate since it sends the head pic to the cloud for analysis.

1 Like

Whoah, just came to report this happened to me last night too!
Turning it off and on didn’t help, it would just spin up fans and light up, but wouldn’t do the calibration dance.
What worked for me was completely unplugging it, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in. Then it reconnected and did the calibration dance.

4 Likes

I should have tried that.
Note to self: Try that when you get home.

3 Likes

I had an issue last night similar. I turned on the Glowforge, it just sat there, didn’t calibrate. When I logged into app, I kept getting an error message. I turned it off, came back 15mins, turned it on, and it worked fine.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Pick it up and shake it
Hit it on it’s side
blow on all the connections
sacrifice a chicken to the laser gods
put an egg under the Glowforge stand to absorb all the bad JuJu
burn sage to chase away the evil spirits

10 Likes

Thank you for the reports! The support team is investigating everyone who emailed support@ case-by-case. Right now there isn’t a common cause (read: bug on our side that caused this to happen) but we haven’t ruled it out yet. Your feedback is super helpful.

7 Likes

25 Likes

Got my “we’re investigating” e-mail half an hour ago. Looking forward to a speedy resolve!

2 Likes

Ha! You joke, @lairdknox. But for a minute I considered grabbing my compressed air just running it through the machine!

1 Like

As many people as I see having issues, I’ve got to believe that its all related somehow.

2 Likes

WooHoo! We seem to be back up and running again. Will test and notify support. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll admit I was seriously worried it was bricked when turning it off and on again 3 times didn’t fix it. I was verrrry relieved when unplugging fixed it. I did not want to have to box it up and ship it back for a replacement!

3 Likes