My laser tube is not firing

Hi guys!

I am pretty sure my laser tube went out.
My Glowforge was working great on Friday. No issues.
I went to turn it on tonight to start working on orders and there is no laser firing.
It goes through all the motions of focusing, cutting etc., but then nothing happens.
I noticed my laser tube is no longer lighting up purple like it used to. It is staying dark.
I have unplugged for a long period of time, I have cleaned and checked every mirror and fan. Everything is great, just no tube firing.
Am I doomed?? Or does anyone know of anything else I could try that I haven’t yet?

I have 21 orders to ship in the next two days that involve this laser…I really hope my machine is not broken. :frowning:

Thanks in advance for any help!!

(Also, yes I have sent an email to support, waiting on a response back)

Mary

Make sure your power settings have not defaulted to 1% for the file. Beyond that you will need to wait and hear from support, who can check the logs. The time of attempt including your time zone will help them.

5 Likes

I checked the power multiple times earlier as well. It is at full power, still nothing. Thank you though for trying to help me!

1 Like

This post has also opened a support ticket that they will probably close since you emailed them also.

While you wait have you ran the gift of good measure? It’s a great way for you to test with a known file and then you can supply support with the time you ran that file it should help them troubleshoot.

3 Likes

I had this happen to me a while back - could not figure out why.

I went through, cleaned everything, relooked at my power settings to make sure they were correct and then re-tried. Luckily one of those things worked and I Was back and running.

Support is usually pretty fast and they’ll always ask you to run the gift of good measure so start there.

3 Likes

Yes, I tried to run it twice last night. Neither time worked.

Bummer! Hopefully it’s something simple - like I said I don’t know what I did to fix mine but cleaning / power cycling helped me and perhaps I just got lucky.

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

1 Like