My Marvel Calendar

That looks awesome. Definitely will have to try that one!

Wow. Ok that went totally above my head even though you “stepped it out” quite well. I have Illustrator CS3, and am wondering which version to download and what prep work I will need to do to get this fabulous result??? I’d like to do both a wood version and an edgelit (for my desk at work; coworkers are going to notice this for sure!)

Illustrator tips most whole-heartedly welcomed! (if there is already a valid post…let me know which one please…all the “changes” and “tweaks” made me uncertain which to follow.

This looks great! I am wondering whether you used a gradient on this acrylic edge lit project? Looking forward to making this for my desk at work. I have a base and switch out the acrylic signs periodically.

Hi jbv,
I read that you are not selling this becuse it is not your design. Do you know who owns it, and if I can buy or get permission to print things to sell with this design?

The original post is by the designer, and gives a way to contact them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The design was made by @kyle_emerick but as it is fan art of licensed characters, I don’t know that it can be offered for sale.

2 Likes

Thanks
The fan art thing makes since.

Here is the blurb from my website:

This has been released under Creative Commons – Attribution – Non-Commercial

What does this mean?

You must attribute (give credit) to the creator: @sandyeggocnc
Remixing or changing this design is allowed.
Commercial use is not permitted.

I created this to spawn creativity in the maker community. No one has the right to sell this design in any way. Not even me. It has been a fun game of finding it online, send cease and desist emails and getting companies like Etsy to send warnings to their sellers. Typically however just one warning from me does the trick. I have been in touch with the San Lee Foundation on several occasions about my art and they approve it being distributed under Creative Commons Licensing.

13 Likes

And what a wonderful thing that was to do!

5 Likes

Thank you Tom. I appreciate that. It is people like Jimmy DiResta and Laura Kampf that started me on this making journey about 4 years ago. I’ve learned so much from others!

6 Likes

Thanks so much for this file! I was able to surprise a very special 8th grader for his middle school graduation with the PERFECT gift!

[quote=“kyle_emerick, post:1, topic:15089”]
sandyeggocnc
[/quote]

12 Likes

Very cool, I love seeing the design being put to good use!

4 Likes

Thanks for the design idea, I changed it up to make a clock for a friend

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Nice clock.

1 Like

Looks great! Also, did you GF that stand? If so, it looks awesome!

I was asked to load up my version of Sandy Eggo Marvel Calendar I call it Marvel clock since I have turned mine into a clock. I used her heros and center ring of symbols. I added Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, and Black Widow and some symbols. I also changed her Hulk and Thor to ones I had drawn since her piece only had 1/2 the faces. Thank again Sandy for your great piece.

Marvel%20Clock

16 Likes

Thank you for your generous gift to us!

1 Like

wow really cool design . Awesome work ,Im new to glowforge group looking forward to putting this on my wall . thank you .

Made this out of med. Pg. Basswood. Shot it with poly and it is drying. This started a frenzy in my family–all of the 30ish year old ones want one!!

6 Likes

that is gorgeous!!!

1 Like