My project is not getting engrave complete

Since yesterday im trying to engrave some keychains for the memory of the mom of a friend who pass away recently, but it only engrave part of the project. Sometimes engrave part of the letters or not all the draw. And in the app appears complete, the letters and the draw.

What can be??

And i try to engrave separate parts and it do it with out any problem.

The only thing I can think of is that you might have accidentally duplicated the shapes in place…it causes them to cancel each other out. Check the original file and drag the top shape off…if there’s another one underneath, that was the problem.

(If not just CTRL+Z to pop it back into place.)

1 Like

I already check the file and it seems right, theres no duplicated shapes or something under or over the shapes. :thinking: :neutral_face:

Based on the screenshot of the completed print, some of your engraves may have been outside the bounds of the engraveable area. If they’re gray in the user interface, they won’t print.

1 Like

This may help:

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble while printing. Thank you for sharing detailed information about this.

When I looked closer at your design, it turns out that some of the shapes were overlapping other, duplicate filled shapes.

Our software will not engrave overlapping filled vector shapes, so please make sure that the design consists of single layers for any shapes you want to engrave. You can check for overlapping fills by Ungrouping the shapes in design software and moving them to make sure there are no duplicates beneath.

Please let us know if this information helps!

4 Likes

Thank you Ivan, well i don’t know in what moment that happen but is good to know that, i will be more cautious next time.

| ivan1 Staff
February 12 |

• | - |

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble while printing. Thank you for sharing detailed information about this.

When I looked closer at your design, it turns out that some of yoru shapes were overlapping other, duplicate filled shapes.

Our software will not engrave overlapping filled vector shapes, so please make sure that the design consists of single layers for any shapes you want to engrave. You can check for overlapping fills by Ungrouping the shapes in design software and moving them to make sure there are no duplicates beneath.

Please let us know if this information helps!

I’m glad the information helped! I’ll go ahead and close this thread now. If you run into trouble again, or have other questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to help!