Shadowbox Acrylic Coasters and Snap Together Holder

If you are using Proofgrade material, the “CUT” is all you need.

Never too old :slightly_smiling_face: There are some septuagenarians here who have a GF and make wonderful things with it. I thought there was an octogenarian but I haven’t seen him in in awhile.

1 Like

Thats what I thought too.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m still here.

7 Likes

:grin: these days it’s not without some trepidation that one inquires as to the whereabouts of one of us seniors. (Although I’m still a ways from qualifying for Social Security - I’m closer to you than to my youngest kid.)

3 Likes

Were the lines all colourful before you hit go? If any item is grey some part of it is outside the limits of the machine and will not work.
This is a different design - but see how the pieces look like they’re even, but one on the right is actually a single space lower than the one on the left and is therefore outside the cut area so won’t cut.

When you have selected an item a big grey bar appears around - that’s your out-of-bounds.

4 Likes

Love it! Thanx for sharing!!

Okay so I totally failed in reading the full thread until AFTER I printed out everything and now I have a mini version of the coasters per the files downloaded at the very top. How in the heck would I go about making the frame part the correct size to fit the mini coasters now?! I’m still so very new to this machine.

1 Like

Not sure how you printed out a smaller version. You cannot just shrink the holder down because of the material thickness. You will need to print out another version of the coasters at the correct size.

1 Like

Love this! Thanks so much for the file.

1 Like

You are welcome! Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

You probably accidentally sized them - but they put the correct size in the description - so reload the artwork fresh (delete everything and then reload from your download), and then click on one of the coasters, it should be a 3.75" square. If it’s not, take some screenshots and let us know. Someone will help you figure it out!

4 Likes

Just found this - this is incredible! Brand new to GF, but this is on my to do list - I have a few friends that would love this. Thank you for the idea

2 Likes

Thank you! One of the first files I created. I am glad you have friends with discerning taste. :wink: :sweat_smile: The files should be in the main post. Let me know if you have questions.

6 Likes

I love Olomana! I only did all three peaks once, and it was a great workout, but definitely dangerous. The best view is from the first peak (or third) anyway. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That third peak is dangerous! Olomana does make a wonderful view.

1 Like

That is a good visual! I haven’t been in the tips area in quite awhile…if it doesn’t have one, yours would be good to put there!

1 Like

These are absolutely amazing. You are so great to share this with us. Thank you for sharing your talent.

1 Like

You are welcome! I am glad you like them. They are a fun pretty quick project!

1 Like

Designvh619 I absolutely love this image. Where can i buy the commercial license for it

2 Likes