NASA Rockets - A Free Coaster Set

@arh2 and I continued our collaboration together (Apollo 11 shadowbox) on a space themed rocket coaster set celebrating NASA’s 50 years of human space flight. Featuring the Apollo Saturn 5, the Space Shuttle and Artemis with SLS and Orion stacked. Each of the rockets are in the correct proportions to each of the others.

The coasters are 4"x 6" and printed on the reverse of proofgrade medium clear acrylic. The base is printed and sized for proofgrade thick cherry plywood.

Tips:

• set the rockets themselves to engrave draft graphic
  • Leave the text and NASA logo to engrave at SD graphic
  • Set the exhausts to Score

SVG, ZIP and PDF:

rocket%20coasters
rocket coasters.svg.zip (348.8 KB)
rocket coasters.pdf (24.6 KB)

91 Likes

This is cool! Thank you!

3 Likes

It sure is a fun thing to collaborate on designs! It may take more time, but it brings the best of both of us.

6 Likes

looks great!..thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank you two for this. Very pretty.

3 Likes

That’s really cool!

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

This is awesome, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I live not far from the NASA engine test facility, and there’s a museum there… I think I’ll make one for them, if that’s ok…

3 Likes

We’d be thrilled!

4 Likes

Of course @hansepe could put some in his old lunch room at NASA. If I’m not mistaken he worked on all three rockets. :rocket:

3 Likes

This is a really great project and even better share. :heart:

2 Likes

Cool collaboration, cool coasters!

2 Likes

Teamwork is good work, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Great project! I love the way it looks!

1 Like

:older_man: I’m not that old, Apollo was cancelled for 10 years before I started working shuttle program. Of course, that still makes me old, but 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

Are you talking about or the Infinity Science Center? They actually have a Saturn booster there from the Apollo program. Did they move all of the stuff from Stennis (formerly NSTL) out there now?

Anyway, what @arh2 said: we’d be thrilled!

2 Likes

Yes, the Infinity Science Center. I take my teenage girls out there often “because they love it”…more like because I’m still a big kid who dreamed of going to space.
The Saturn booster is still there, and they have brought in a good bit of stuff from the Stennis facilities. Great family fun, if anyone is close enough.

3 Likes

Haha, sorry, yes that would make you ancient come to think of it… :laughing:

2 Likes

I have model rocket scientist friends… they will LOVE this! Thank you! Great work.

2 Likes

I’m new here (well, technically lurked off and on for years, but finally got a GF recently), so sorry for the dumb question.

Anyhow, are the rocket engravings colored gold somehow or is that something like the edge-lit effect with the cherry wood?

2 Likes

Reflections from the cherry wood in this case.

2 Likes