Need help getting parts of my file to print

Everything is saved as you go automatically. One of the things I was going to suggest, as I was reading through this thread, was to “make a copy”.

Your homescreen at app.glowforge.com is basically a “folder” of designs/files.

Hover over a design file and you’ll see a little drop down menu arrow up in the corner.

Then, make a copy. And you can rename the copy.

This might be useful as you go through making different changes.

All the UI (User Interface, where you’re making design changes) is, is basically a single file workspace. Really, the best workflow (in my opinion, for whatever that is worth), is to always go back to app.glowforge.com and upload your new files from there - rather than deleting work out of the workspace and using the “add artwork” button.

1 Like

Thanks! Trying that now.

Cool! So… now that I have a copy, how do I rename it?

Ooops, ridiculously easy. Was right in front of my face.

1 Like

Looks like everything is set to work now (did have a few problematic cut vectors on the margins that were very easy to get rid of). Since it is a 3 hour cut though, I will give it a go in the morning and post my results then.

If you do more you must post the examples. this is amazing to me.

1 Like

The sweet smell of success!! (Like burnt/lasered wood…)
Here is my pic of both sides put together… I will post 1 more pic after I paint and raster the background ‘sky blue’.
Thanks so much @Jules and also @jbmanning5 ! I couldn’t have done it without you.

6 Likes

Thanks! I hope to do many more!

Sweeet! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

How exciting! Thanks so much for sharing a picture of the finished product! I’m sorry for the challenging start, but thanks to the help from @jules and @jbmanning5 it looks like you were able to get this resolved. Since you’re good to go now, I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please let us know. You can start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy printing!

1 Like