Need testers: TabGen (Fusion 360 Plug-in) improvements

Dude this is so good

Loving it

3 Likes

.45 is working for you with no errors?

It is, very well :slight_smile:

Just doing finishing touches to my test box then I will attempt to cut it out on the laser

1 Like

0.46 is posted above and here

1 Like

Do you use the cam tool for SVG or create sketches and export as DXF?

I use the CAM tool. Here’s a video that I did last year.

1 Like

Cool thanks!

2 Likes

Both of those work great but the Shaper origin add in works great as well.

1 Like

I could not get.45 to fail but I’ll get.46 installed and see how it does.

1 Like

My kerf setting was way too loose but the addon worked super awesome! :smile:

5 Likes

Dang. I’m going to have to install this!

4 Likes

okay, with .46 it never fails to cut but still pops varius warnings. here is one.

1 Like

Ok, now I’m starting to think that you’re intentionally finding problems. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ask me how I completely shut down a hardware beta some time. Honestly, you are doing great.

4 Likes

I can’t recreate this one. Are you able to, and can you give me a screenshot of the settings you’re using when this happens?

Here’s TabGen v0.47-alpha with an attempt at enabling preview functionality.

1 Like

I have to say that the Fusion 360 API is incredibly powerful and frustrating at the same time. I give the AutoDesk team credit for amazing functionality, but am incredibly frustrated with the documentation.

4 Likes

Sorry its taken a while for me to get round to having a play with this. First its Awesome ! second how do you guys incorporate Kerf into this ? did you go around after tab gen and offset all of one set of faces by your kerf/ all by half?

1 Like

That is a good question to which I don’t have an answer as I’ve not taken a tab gen project all the way yet.

One way that comes to mind would be to use the tab gen on both parts and simply add the offset.

I’m out of town right now but I’ll have to see when I get home.

Also, while I have not examined them, tab gen does it’s magic through parameters and those may be adjusted.

Kerf would be another great thing to have right in the dialogue!

1 Like