Nintendo Switch

So… I was able to order one from Walmart of all places! (Says will arrive Monday…)

Happy Dance!:squeeee:

3 Likes

That’s great!

Get ready for the time-suck!

1 Like

Thanks! Nintendo Degenerates Unite!

1 Like

:joy: thank you for pointing out the cat I almost missed it

2 Likes

OK I went to Wal Mart.com and saw prices over $600 for these? I thought they were closer to $300, and didnt see anything in the descriptions about some kind of big bundle to make them $600. Hmmmmm.

1 Like

Zelda’s available at Amazon right now. ~$48 for Prime members.

I’m awaiting the shipment of my pre-order. I couldn’t decide on a game or edition of Zelda so I didn’t order it with my system. Then Zelda was sold out every time I looked. Looks like I’ll get to try it out on Monday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And another gentle slap in the face to Wii U owners who have been waiting for this for years.

For switch:

For Wii U:

2 Likes

You can always tell when someone has a computer with a super high res screen. Their screen grabs are enormous!

You should see my screen!

6 Likes

Guilty.

5 Likes

Forum inception?

8 Likes

I don’t know, that base and those controllers look pretty laserable. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Walmart.com has 3rd party sellers who are marking up prices.

4 Likes

Lol. My son got his then had to leave for guard weekend…He wasnt happy…lol

6 Likes

Also known as blood sucking parasites

4 Likes

Why? It’s capitalism. If someone wants it bad enough to pay a premium over waiting why is someone willing to sell at that premium a bloodsucking parasite?

If you had one and I offered you $1,000 would you take it? My failure to pre-order might be your ticket to a new refrigerator or something as you rejoin the line and wait for a new one.

Kind of similar to the GF you’re waiting for…I ordered it almost two years before it will be delivered. I get a discount for patiently waiting. If someone else offered me 10K for it I’d take it in a heartbeat and re-up and wait some more. Opportunistic maybe but bloodsucking is reserved for the folks making epi-pens.

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

That line is incredible. I might steal it if the opportunity arises.

6 Likes

It is capitalism and I get it, I just feel that a lot of the people buying all the stock so others can’t get them.

2 Likes

I don’t mind exploiting opportunity. In fact, to fund my Switch, I just sold my NES Classic Mini on eBay. Turns out they haven’t populated the market with them (probably too busy making Switches), and so they are still going at a premium. That said, I will typically still give my friends the option of buying something from me at my cost. But not this time, 100%+ profit and trying to fund another purchase means I get greedy! :wink:

What I don’t like is retail stores exploiting their ability to get product at cost from a distributor, and then marking up to secondary market values. (Some game shops do this with Magic: the Gathering product) You have distributor connections and pay much less for some things than the MSRP. You should sell at MSRP.

This can happen, but a lot of times, it is up to the retailer to set limits on limited quantity items. To them it makes no difference if they sell 1 unit each to 100 people, or if they sell 100 units to 1 person. But many are limiting things like that. Last night with the Switch for example, I’m sure there were people that wanted their kids to also buy one, but Best Buy specifically limited it to one per group (i.e. obvious family).

4 Likes

You’re just a bloodsipping parasite. A mosquito but not a leech :wink:

5 Likes

Yes - you worded it better than I did.

Thank you!

1 Like