No Artwork Bug

@Glowforge Support you have some sort of file versioning, permission issue, timing or locking issues going that is causing to the No Artwork Bug to show up. I can reliably reproduce it and it is driving me crazy. I am running on Chrome. Semi repro steps (make sure you have unique bitmaps)

Upload a bitmap from the Homepage
From the GF UI app click on the Homepage
Upload a new different bitmaps from the Homepage
From the GF UI app click on the Homepage
Select and open the first project from the homepage.
Add a unique bitmap to the project
NOTE that instead of rendering in red it renders in normal colors and will not be laserable.
If you dont get the bug you may need to repeat the above steps a few time.
Sometimes changing the engrave type will fix it sometime not.
Sometime reloading the project after you you get the error will fix it also but not all the time.
Sometimes when you reload the bitmap you uploaded will be gone

Here is a video reproing the problem.

2 Likes

Tried to replicate (multiple times) based on your instructions, but never hit the issue you mention. What type of bitmaps did you try (gif, jpeg, png)? Could you please post the file that gave you trouble (the last one with the 3DS MAX + snake(?) doodle)?

Here are the files I use. I suspect it has to do with latency, lag or server load where the app ask the server for the uploaded file but the server is still processing it and returns a fail maybe due to poor connection or one of the above mentioned. The app marks that file as bad and never checks again until reloading the project later and all of sudden the No Artwork bug goes away. Just speculation though.

1 Like

I cannot get a rectangle SVG file to load today, so i feel your pain.

Thanks for letting us know about this, and for taking the time to share those steps.

I’ve passed these details on to the team, and we’re looking into it now. I’ll update the thread when I have more information.

1 Like

Haha, me too! I’ve got a simple straight line that can’t be cut, scored, or engraved regardless of whether I try the vector or make a bitmap copy (Inkscape).

A simple straight line?!

You guys oughta open individual support tickets/threads if you’re having trouble processing stuff like that. They won’t address issues other than from the original thread starter.

They can then take a look at the logs for your machine etc and maybe figure out what’s going on.

Glowforge really needs some sort of bug reporting interface/page. Forum posts are not ideal for reporting/tracking bugs.

1 Like

Perhaps not what you’re looking for, or as a public bug list, but each new thread originating in #problems-and-support opens a new Support ticket, which means they can presumably track them just fine.

Thanks @jbmanning5, that’s correct

@martin.anderson and @aj_stewped If you’re still having trouble, please post a new topic or email us at support@glowfoge.com. We’re happy to help.

@watjep Thanks for the feedback as well. I’ll share it with the rest of the team.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience while we’ve been investigating this. If you’re still running into this issue, could you please try the following?

1. Close out all open browser windows
  2. Clear your browser cache
  3. Clear your cookies from app.glowforge.com (you will need to sign back in after doing this)
  4. Try loading your design again

If the problem persists, could you please:

1. Let me know the date and time when the issue occurred
  2. Send us a screenshot of your dashboard indicating the design that is no longer working correctly

Thank you in advance!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.